News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hierarchy of cities in your state

Started by Roadgeekteen, June 03, 2020, 07:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Man

(continued from page 4 with a previous post on the top 10 largest cities in CA)

Long Beach CA along with Fresno and Bakersfield don't have a Major League sports team (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL and MLS) in their respective cities. In the past, Long Beach had what one calls professional sports: 1940-41 Bulldogs (American football) with their rival the Los Angeles Dons, 1950s Chicago Cubs spring training and exhibition games including the polo grounds in Avalon on Santa Catalina island, 1962-63 Chiefs (basketball) and 1967-69 Kings (named for Los Angeles, ice hockey). It is the largest suburb in the US with half a million people, closely ties with Mesa AZ near Phoenix (not sure seasonal or year-round).
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

kphoger

Quote from: Desert Man on October 22, 2020, 11:30:30 PM
(continued from page 4 ...)

FYI, not all of us have our settings the same.

What is page 4 for you isn't necessarily page 4 for other members.  Some people's settings display a different number of posts per page from your settings.

My settings display newest posts at the top, rather than at the bottom.  I'm guessing you think we're on page 5 right now, but on my computer we're still on page 1.    :thumbsup:
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on October 23, 2020, 01:26:44 PM
Quote from: Desert Man on October 22, 2020, 11:30:30 PM
(continued from page 4 ...)
FYI, not all of us have our settings the same.
I'm guessing you think we're on page 5 right now, but on my computer we're still on page 1.

... and for me it's the first post of page 3, since I display the maximum 50 posts per page.

Desert Man

In the southern region of CA made up of 10 counties and here are it's important towns and cities.

Imperial: County seat - El Centro, Largest in local population - Calexico (faces Mexicali on the border, although it doesn't have over 100k people nor does El Centro). There is a town called Imperial in the so-called Imperial valley.
Kern: County seat - Bakersfield (the "Dubai of America" due to many rich people from its oil industry), Famous town - Delano (the straight county line from the Nevada state line to the Pacific ocean crosses the town, which isn't over 100k people). There is a Kern City close to Bakersfield and is unincorporated.
Los Angeles: County seat-L.A., Example of its 100 suburbs - Pomona (has the LA county fairgrounds).
Orange: County seat - Santa Ana, Example of its suburbs - (City of) Orange (my half-sis grew up there).
Riverside: County seat - Riverside, 2nd Largest cities: Corona (my half-sis lives there) and Moreno Valley (once the fastest growing city in the US in the 1980s).
San Bernardino: County seat - San Bernardino, 2nd Largest cities: Fontana (I was born in their hospital) and Ontario (it's commercial airport).
San Diego: County seat - San Diego, 2nd Largest cities: Chula Vista (close to Tijuana) and Oceanside (Camp Pendleton USMC base).
San Luis Obispo: County seat - San Luis Obispo (it has Polytech state university), 2nd Largest city: Paso Robles (has SLO fairgrounds, both cities don't have over 100k people). There are the famous four cities of the "key" Pismo Beach area.
Santa Barbara: County seat - Santa Barbara, Largest in local population: Santa Maria (known for its delicious barbeque style). And Solvang is a Danish town in America with architecture and culture to remind you of Denmark.
Ventura: County seat - Ventura (San Buenaventura), Largest in local population: Oxnard (strawberry fields - like the Beatles song). And Thousand Oaks is said to have one of the largest concentration of wealthy residents in the state and nation.

Yuma, AZ (closest big city within the US to Imperial Valley with 100k people) and Las Vegas, NV (that state's largest city within 50 miles from the CA state line).
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.