News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

A major bus crash on the California Arizona border I-10

Started by bing101, May 21, 2014, 09:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

agentsteel53

The semi-truck was trying to pass a slower car. When the driver pulled over to the left, the wheels caught on the dirt and jackknifed into a median, CHP officials said.

idiot goddamn truckers.  how do you fuck up a basic act like "overtake on a two-lane carriageway without leaving the bounds of said carriageway"?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Brandon

Quote from: agentsteel53 on May 21, 2014, 10:02:38 PM
The semi-truck was trying to pass a slower car. When the driver pulled over to the left, the wheels caught on the dirt and jackknifed into a median, CHP officials said.

idiot goddamn truckers.  how do you fuck up a basic act like "overtake on a two-lane carriageway without leaving the bounds of said carriageway"?

Could be like the asshole who tried to pass me on the 4 foot left shoulder after I left the Nashville meet back in March.  I was about ready to move back into the right when he flew up behind me and started to pass me (no signal, no flash of lights) on the left shoulder.  Last I saw, he did a 720 and wound up in the median.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

sdmichael

I see way too many truckers driving poorly for me to really believe the whole "professional driver" crap. They get paid for it... that is about the extent of the professional driver aspect. Reminds me of the "Not responsible for broken windshields" signs on gravel trucks. Nope - everyone is responsible for debris falling off their vehicle.

agentsteel53

Quote from: Brandon on May 22, 2014, 09:53:33 AM
Could be like the asshole who tried to pass me on the 4 foot left shoulder after I left the Nashville meet back in March.  I was about ready to move back into the right when he flew up behind me and started to pass me (no signal, no flash of lights) on the left shoulder.  Last I saw, he did a 720 and wound up in the median.

heh.  I had a guy in a fake mustang cobra (cobra decals on a V6) try to pass me in the gravel median once because 95mph was too slow for him.  he blew two tires; rocketed back across the lanes in front of me, and came within 6 feet of getting ended by the truck in the right lane that I was passing.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

hm insulators

Quote from: sdmichael on May 22, 2014, 11:25:17 AM
I see way too many truckers driving poorly for me to really believe the whole "professional driver" crap. They get paid for it... that is about the extent of the professional driver aspect. Reminds me of the "Not responsible for broken windshields" signs on gravel trucks. Nope - everyone is responsible for debris falling off their vehicle.

You're right...look at all the supposedly "professional" truck drivers that keep slamming into that 11'8"-high railroad overcrossing in North Carolina.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.