News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AARoads Cast Lists

Started by Molandfreak, September 16, 2014, 11:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molandfreak

Just for fun! Include members of the forum in an ideal cast for your favorite show/movie/play based on forum persona or personality at roadmeets. I'll start out with Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street:

Sweeney Todd (Benjamin Barker): bugo
Nellie Lovett: sammi
Anthony Hope: MDRoads
Johanna Barker: Laura
Judge Turpin: Scott5114
Beadle Bamford: andy3175
Jonas Fogg: FritzOwl
Beggar Woman (Lucy Barker): kharvey10
Adolfo Pirelli (Daniel O'Higgins): NE2
Tobias Ragg: 1
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Alps

Holy crap, how am I not Sweeney Todd. I'm way more adept at killing people and selling pies.

Alps

Sesame Street:
Oscar = bugo
Big Bird = yanksfan6129
Snuffy = corco
Elmo = Laura
Count = Roadgeek_Adam
Grover = roadman65
Bert = hbelkins
Ernie = bandit73
Cookie Monster = <-------
Swedish Chef = cpzilliacus
Fozzie Bear = dougtone
Mr. Hooper = CC Slater (can't locate him on here, but he has to be)
Kermit = froggie
Miss Piggy = sammi (by request)

Jim Henson = Alex

Molandfreak

Happy Days:

Fonzie: Alps ;-)
Chuck Cunningham: mightyace
Richie Cunningham: route56
Ralph Malph: kphoger
Potsie Weber: J N Winkler
Howard Cunningham: Alex
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

bugo

Quote from: Alps on September 17, 2014, 12:09:28 AM
Holy crap, how am I not Sweeney Todd. I'm way more adept at killing people and selling pies.

Because I have good Johnny Deppesque looks.

vtk

I'm not great at acting. But I can do a good job reading stuff in announcer or newscaster style.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Henry

Alright, I'll give this a shot:

Cheers:
Sam - Alex
Coach - Alps
Diane - Laura
Carla - sammi
Woody - froggie
Cliff - FritzOwl
Frasier - Henry
Lilith - Jennifer (my wife)
Norm - hbelkins

Frasier:
Frasier - Henry
Daphne - Michelle Skinner (who had her own Website about Interstates)
Niles - Jeff (my brother)
Roz - kharvey10
Martin - Scott5114
Bulldog - NE2
Gil - route56
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hbelkins

Quote from: Alps on September 17, 2014, 12:12:11 AM
Sesame Street:
Kermit = froggie

Way too easy...

We can't do Star Trek because there are more engineers here than there were Montgomery Scotts.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bugo

Tim (bandit) should be Oscar the Grouch because his shit stinks from eating trash.

oscar

Quote from: bugo on September 17, 2014, 03:07:41 PM
Tim (bandit) should be Oscar the Grouch because his shit stinks from eating trash.

Hey, I resemble that remark!  (Well, not the last part.)
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Alps

Quote from: bugo on September 17, 2014, 03:07:41 PM
Nah, he's Ernie cause he's best friends with Hey Bert.

US81

Quote from: hbelkins on September 17, 2014, 01:32:14 PM
Sesame Street:
Kermit = froggie

Way too easy...

We can't do Star Trek because there are more engineers here than there were Montgomery Scotts.

...and all the unnamed engineers wore red shirts, so no one wants to be any other engineer other than Scotty.

vdeane

Quote from: US81 on September 18, 2014, 08:59:08 AM
Sesame Street:
Kermit = froggie

Way too easy...

...and all the unnamed engineers wore red shirts, so no one wants to be any other engineer other than Scotty.
No love for Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, or Enterprise?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

US81

Quote from: vdeane on September 18, 2014, 01:03:28 PM
Sesame Street:
Kermit = froggie

Way too easy...

Oh, I love Geordi, Miles, B'Elanna, and Trip, but the red shirt meme only applies to TOS.  :bigass:

oscar

I thought the anonymous redshirts (at least on-planet) were in the security detail, a good place to put disposable extras.

When I visited Vulcan, Alberta, I wore a red sweatshirt to the Star Trek-themed visitor centre, momentarily forgetting the special significance of red shirts in the Star Trek (original series) universe. 

roadman

IIRC, "he's dead Jim" (the unnamed low ranked member of the away team who's always killed before the opening credits) never wore a red shirt.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

hbelkins

Quote from: vdeane on September 18, 2014, 01:03:28 PM

Not here. And I refuse to watch the movies that have people other than Shatner, Nimoy, Kelley, Doohan, etc., cast as the members of the original crew.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Scott5114

You're missing out then. TNG is a well-done, thoughtful show that expresses the ideals of the original series in more articulate way than TOS managed to do, and featured half a dozen strong, compelling characters. Deep Space Nine starts slow but develops into a political drama that was doing season-long story arcs back in the 1990s, years before it became the norm for television as it is today. To refuse to watch either of them just because they aren't the "original" cast is to miss out on the very best of what Star Trek has to offer.

Voyager and Enterprise are at least not reality shows.

Quote from: Henry on September 17, 2014, 10:44:34 AM
Frasier:
Martin - Scott5114
I'm surprisingly okay with this.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

roadman

Never got into Deep Space Nine, Voyager, or Enterprise, but as a long time TOS fan, I will admit I really like TNG as well.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

oscar

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 18, 2014, 02:55:51 PM
You're missing out then. TNG is a well-done, thoughtful show that expresses the ideals of the original series in more articulate way than TOS managed to do, and featured half a dozen strong, compelling characters. Deep Space Nine starts slow but develops into a political drama that was doing season-long story arcs back in the 1990s, years before it became the norm for television as it is today.

The "thoughtful" part might be the deal-killer, for those of us who liked Capt. Kirk's old-fashioned piggery in TOS (remember the parody line "to boldly come where no man has come before"?).  I have watched a few TNG episodes and TNG-based movies (especially the ones working in TOS characters like Mr. Spock), and a DS9 episode featuring Capt. Picard.  But I never warmed to any TOS successors.  It didn't help that I had time to watch every TOS episode in reruns while I was still in high school, but I was working by the time TNG came around and wasn't watching much TV of any kind.   

Grzrd

Quote from: oscar on September 18, 2014, 04:11:44 PM
The "thoughtful" part might be the deal-killer

Agreed. Kirk's utter disregard of the Prime Directive made for some great entertainment.

Quote from: oscar on September 18, 2014, 01:44:26 PM
I thought the anonymous redshirts (at least on-planet) were in the security detail, a good place to put disposable extras.

wxfree

I really liked the complex characters and well-developed story lines in DS9.  I recently re-watched Voyager on Netflix and found a renewed appreciation.  Due to the more mobile nature of their mission, the characters were less persistent, but overall it was quite well done.  I know it's heresy and I could be hanged and stoned at the same time for saying it, but I think the shows were better in the post-Roddenberry era.  The original ideas were profound, of course, but Roddenberry was stuck in the mystical type thinking of the "War of the Worlds" era.  Freed from that influence, the shows (including later TNG) developed into a more enlightened format, with better stories, less "monster of the week" filler, and more in-depth study of human nature and belief.

Quote from: Grzrd on September 18, 2014, 04:26:46 PM
Agreed. Kirk's utter disregard of the Prime Directive made for some great entertainment.

The whole story from Kirk to Janeway is about the natural human division between principle and practicality.  The Prime Directive got violated more often than Counselor Troi (a joke I heard on a video somewhere).
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

US71

Quote from: wxfree on September 18, 2014, 06:46:51 PM

The whole story from Kirk to Janeway is about the natural human division between principle and practicality.  The Prime Directive got violated more often than Counselor Troi (a joke I heard on a video somewhere).
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

US81

Quote from: oscar on September 18, 2014, 01:44:26 PM

When I visited Vulcan, Alberta, I wore a red sweatshirt to the Star Trek-themed visitor centre, momentarily forgetting the special significance of red shirts in the Star Trek (original series) universe. 

In Star Trek TOS, Gold was Command, Blue was Sciences (including Medicine), and Red was Engineering and Support Services, which included Security - those poor unnamed disposable extras.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.