News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Am I the only one who did this?

Started by SignGeek101, February 19, 2015, 12:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignGeek101

Recently, I changed the fonts on Windows and Chrome to the Hwy fonts (Highway Gothic and Clearview).

Any other road/signgeeks do this?

corco

SignGeek101

DaBigE

I did that back in college...I used Series E for my default system font. However, once I got a new computer after college, I haven't done it since, (mainly out of laziness, but partially cause the novelty of it wore-off).
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

1995hoo

Quote from: corco on February 19, 2015, 12:20:20 AM
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=theme;sa=pick;u=12861;th=4;b2e45ca23=84b6f70ab4e07225e34390a79df17698

When I click this link, it says "Session verification failed" and tells me to log out, then log back in, but when I tried that I got the same error message. What am I missing here?
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Zeffy

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 19, 2015, 09:42:14 AM
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=theme;sa=pick;u=12861;th=4;b2e45ca23=84b6f70ab4e07225e34390a79df17698

When I click this link, it says "Session verification failed" and tells me to log out, then log back in, but when I tried that I got the same error message. What am I missing here?

The URL is hard-coded by corco to only change the theme of whichever user ID is specified in the u={X} variable in the URL; also, it looks like that a session ID is left after th=4; removing this and changing the user ID to yours should work. Or you can just go to the theme menu in your user control panel to do it manually.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

1995hoo

Quote from: Zeffy on February 19, 2015, 10:05:02 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on February 19, 2015, 09:42:14 AM

The URL is hard-coded by corco to only change the theme of whichever user ID is specified in the u={X} variable in the URL; also, it looks like that a session ID is left after th=4; removing this and changing the user ID to yours should work. Or you can just go to the theme menu in your user control panel to do it manually.

Thanks. I had never even noticed that option in the profile section!
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Zeffy

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 19, 2015, 11:10:24 AM
Thanks. I had never even noticed that option in the profile section!

It became real helpful during last years April Fool's joke, that's for sure.  :-P
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Scott5114

I set the title-bar font to Series E(M) when I was in high school, but setting it as the main system font is a bit too much for my taste. Currently, I'm using a different font (not the default).

The screenshot at the top of the page reminds me how asinine it is that Windows 8 will let you change your titlebar font color but not the text color. Great job nuking a feature that was there at least since Windows 95 for no good reason!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Thing 342

EM as the title bar looks nice, especially with the current GTK theme I'm currently using. However, the standard Roadgeek fonts are too small for use as a text font.

busman_49

When I was in college, I set Blue Highway as my default for everything.  But since then, two computers later, it's just something that I hadn't thought about doing.

jakeroot

Quote from: Thing 342 on February 20, 2015, 07:39:19 AM
EM as the title bar looks nice, especially with the current GTK theme I'm currently using. However, the standard Roadgeek fonts are too small for use as a text font.

Nail on the head, Thing. I can't read the highway fonts with the same proficiency as Windows or Mac fonts at small sizes. The opposite is true at larger sizes (i.e. road signs) but that's because the former was designed for distant reading, versus the latter which is, in my opinion, better closeup.

vtk

If I had a few hundred hours to devote to the task, I'd develop a FHWA-esque font optimized for screen display at small-ish sizes.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.