Fresno Area Road Meet (May 6-7, 2023)

Started by Max Rockatansky, October 21, 2022, 10:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

This photo is so great that I fear it will make Laura feel jealous.  However, we did have Dan's drone so there is that.   ;-)
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Roadgeek Adam

Connor just doing his best Rob Sargent impression I see.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

cl94

Thanks to Max Rockatansky for hosting a great meet. I've been to several over the years and this tour was easily among my favorites. Lots of history, reasonable tour length, and even some new stuff. Bonus points for including two wig-wags, a 65 MPH county road, and one of the very few span wire signals in California on the tour. It's a shame that some of what we saw will be removed in the coming years due to high-speed rail construction.

The turnout we were able to get makes me hopeful that west coast road meets can become a regular thing. 1-2 of them a year would be awesome given the low-hanging fruit in the Pacific Time Zone.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

deathtopumpkins

Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Alps

hbelkins

The story behind this, for the uninitiated, is that the late Rob Sargent played hooky from work to attend the Bennington meet. He was unwilling to show his face for the meet photo, for fear of being disciplined, so he covered his face with the Send Help sign.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: Alps on May 12, 2023, 03:42:06 PM
Quote from: deathtopumpkins on May 11, 2023, 01:29:22 PM
Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on May 07, 2023, 09:34:40 PM

Absolutely not.
I don't think you follow.

Oh no I got the reference, I just want no part of such a comparison.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Alps

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on June 13, 2023, 01:42:29 PM
Quote from: Alps on May 12, 2023, 03:42:06 PM
Quote from: deathtopumpkins on May 11, 2023, 01:29:22 PM
Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on May 07, 2023, 09:34:40 PM

Absolutely not.
I don't think you follow.

Oh no I got the reference, I just want no part of such a comparison.
i consider(ed) you both close friends for who you are

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.