Mn/DOT switching to aligned exit tabs?

Started by Milepost61, July 07, 2012, 05:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milepost61

Last week I noticed a few exit signs on I-494 in Woodbury that had the exit number tab aligned to the right, rather than centered as had been custom. Is Mn/DOT switching how it does the alignment or were these a couple rogue signs?

The High Plains Traveler

Quote from: Milepost61 on July 07, 2012, 05:20:06 PM
Last week I noticed a few exit signs on I-494 in Woodbury that had the exit number tab aligned to the right, rather than centered as had been custom. Is Mn/DOT switching how it does the alignment or were these a couple rogue signs?
The signs along I-394 had right-aligned tabs about four years ago. Not sure if that is part of a trend or an outlier - I missed the chance to drive the new I-35W around 62 when I was there a few weeks ago, and certainly that would be new signage.
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

SSOWorld

I imagine they are only putting in the aligned tabs as they replace them based on need.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Alps

It ought to be a trend, as the FHWA now requires it in the MUTCD.

Mdcastle

As signs wear out and are replaced or new signs are installed they're all side-justified tabs, but Mn/DOT isn't running out to switch any on existing signs. I did appreciate the side tabs driving through KC.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.