News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2016 Duluth/Superior and MN 61 Meets

Started by TheHighwayMan3561, December 26, 2014, 07:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What dates would work best for you? (2016)

July 30 and 31
1 (100%)
August 6 and 7
0 (0%)
August 13 and 14
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

TheHighwayMan3561

I know this is way, way out there and probably still more than 1 1/2 years away at this point but since a number of you have expressed interest I want to put some feelers out there for very basic groundwork (and because I'm pretty damn excited about this): namely, what time of year might work best for you. My preference is to have a meet in late summer or early fall between late July/early August and the first weekend of October. The weather is the best during this time and as we get late into September the fall colors will bloom into some spectacular scenery. This is simply my strong preference though depending on what works best for people.

I'd like to avoid having a meet over Labor Day weekend (Sept. 3-5, 2016) so people can have that time with family/friends.

I just want to stress once again that at this time this is all discussion of preferences and ideas, and not any actual concrete dates yet to worry about marking down. :)
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Alps

August 6th would work best for me.

Cheers.

A.J. Bertin

YAY!!!! I hope I can attend. At this point, it's too early for me to give any specific preferences of times of the year. However, I think you're right about avoiding Labor Day weekend. Summer or early fall tend to be good times for road meets. For me, though, I can already tell you that October 2016 will not be a good month. June, July, August, or September 2016 should be fine for me at this point.
-A.J. from Michigan

TheHighwayMan3561

While I haven't fully mapped out the Saturday yet obviously, I'm going to mention now that if people are interested I am planning on devoting Sunday to thoroughly exploring MN 61 for anyone interested. It's obviously totally optional, but if you can find the means to stay through Sunday I hope we can take that adventure.  :nod:

codyg1985

I would really love to come to that meet. I've never been to Minnesota before. I don't know this far out which part of the year works best for me, but I will keep you updated.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

jpi

I would be interested in this too, just have to wait and see what 2016 holds but I will keep this on the back burner.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

getemngo

I love Minnesota and have not visited Minnesota since 2009, so this seems like a great opportunity to fix that.

Unlike some of the other people here, I have no idea where I'll be living, working, or going to school in 2016 yet.
~ Sam from Michigan

JREwing78

Duluth is a really neat town, and I'm happy to have an excuse to go back for a visit.

My preference would be for early-mid August, as that's when temperatures are most likely to be suitable for outdoor exploring, but late enough that black flies shouldn't be an issue. Get too deep into color-tour season, and you start risking an early snowstorm.

brianreynolds

I would make a strong effort to attend.  The part that includes MN-61 would be a big draw.

TheHighwayMan3561

Just so folks know (even as far out as we are)...I think it makes more sense to do MN 61 on Saturday, and Duluth/Superior in-town on Sunday due to the nature of MN 61 where it would be hard on people planning to leave the area Sunday. That way Sunday can not only be a bit more relaxed but people who plan to depart Sunday for their next destinations can have a much easier time doing so. Doing 61 on Saturday may also give some more people a chance to attend that day's events than if we did 61 on Sunday.

TheHighwayMan3561

I slipped in a selection date poll. Vote at your own leisure, and I put in the option to change your vote if something else comes up.

I'll probably keep it open until near the end of the calendar year.

My personal preference is August 6 and 7.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 30, 2015, 11:35:40 AM
I slipped in a selection date poll. Vote at your own leisure, and I put in the option to change your vote if something else comes up.

Thanks, Patrick! I probably won't vote on this right now because it's way too early for me to know for sure what my preference is. However, right now I'm thinking my preference would be July rather than August. However, if this meet happens in early August, I'll probably be able to make it.

This meet is absolutely one I want to attend next year. Just about at the top of my priority list.
-A.J. from Michigan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.