News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Philippines: NLEX / SCTEX / TPLEX video

Started by sammi, April 30, 2014, 12:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammi

NLEX (North Luzon Expwy), SCTEX (Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expwy), TPLEX (Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expwy) provide a mostly-continuous route between Manila and, in the future, Baguio City. Someone made a video driving through the SCTEX and NLEX and the completed section of TPLEX.

At 15:21 is the infamous Tarlac City sign from the Arialveticverstesk thread.

Also note the speed limit signs. On TPLEX, which is the first ~16 minutes or so of the video, the speed limit signs are all Vienna Convention style. Past the second toll gate (and the sign that says "SCTEX ↑"), the speed limit signs become MUTCD style. So I finally satisfied this. :)
Quote from: Zeffy on December 10, 2013, 12:23:49 AM
So what's the possibility of me running into a MUTCD SPEED LIMIT sign, and then running into the EU one? Bonus points if they are right after one another.

Zeffy

Quote from: sammi on April 30, 2014, 12:18:27 AM
Also note the speed limit signs. On TPLEX, which is the first ~16 minutes or so of the video, the speed limit signs are all Vienna Convention style. Past the second toll gate (and the sign that says "SCTEX ↑"), the speed limit signs become MUTCD style. So I finally satisfied this. :)
Quote from: Zeffy on December 10, 2013, 12:23:49 AM
So what's the possibility of me running into a MUTCD SPEED LIMIT sign, and then running into the EU one? Bonus points if they are right after one another.

That's not the only change in signage, I noticed that ALL of the signs jump from the Vienna Convention style to the MUTCD after that toll plaza! (And half of them use Arialveticverstesk too  :ded:)
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

sammi

Quote from: Zeffy on April 30, 2014, 11:16:27 AM
That's not the only change in signage, I noticed that ALL of the signs jump from the Vienna Convention style to the MUTCD after that toll plaza!
They were built by different companies. I'm not surprised. :pan:

Quote from: Zeffy on April 30, 2014, 11:16:27 AM
(And half of them use Arialveticverstesk too  :ded:)
I confirmed with the TPLEX guy (with whom I had an argument about the Tarlac City sign) that they did, in fact, use Arial on all of their signs. Except, perhaps, the speed limit ones, which seem to use a light-stroked FHWA series.
Quote from: streetsmart/SkyscraperCity
The contractor is using an arial font which, based on the matrix of dimensions of the Modified Series E, seems to be a very close match.

Zeffy

Quote from: sammi on April 30, 2014, 01:06:28 PM
I confirmed with the TPLEX guy (with whom I had an argument about the Tarlac City sign) that they did, in fact, use Arial on all of their signs. Except, perhaps, the speed limit ones, which seem to use a light-stroked FHWA series.
Quote from: streetsmart/SkyscraperCity
The contractor is using an arial font which, based on the matrix of dimensions of the Modified Series E, seems to be a very close match.

Uh, what? Is that guy high or something? One font was made for road signs, the other was made for every other purpose but that!
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.