News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Buc-ee's

Started by jgb191, November 05, 2010, 02:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgb191

This could be the world's ultimate in road side stop with everything a driver/traveler would want in a road oasis.  The only thing they're missing is a hotel.  Buc-ee's is for the most part a street-side local store, but there are a few "flagship" locations along major highways.  

I stopped by one of them and took a some photos of the place....

Side Entrance

Main/front Entrance

Inside the Store

Cooler

Deli Section

Fountain Drinks

Hot Coffee

Fresh Meat and Seafood section complete with a butcher shop

The market section, where they serve fast food -- burritos/tacos, chicken tenders, hot wings, burgers, pizza, steak, and other items.  They also serve breakfast.

This is where you order your food.  Computerized touch-screen menu allows you to customize your every order.

Bakery section with breads, bagels, donuts, biscuits, croissants, cakes, brownies, cookies, pastries, muffins, and other baked goods you might seek.

Buc-ee's Coffee Shop

Kids section

Buc-ee's beaver mascot

Outdoor's section

They even sell grills

Buc-ee's has 32 gas pumps

This location was near Wharton, Texas along US 59, a major four-lane divided highway (perhaps future I-69 corridor) connecting Houston to South Texas.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

agentsteel53

Quote from: jgb191 on November 05, 2010, 02:18:22 PM
This could be the world's ultimate in road side stop with everything a driver/traveler would want in a road oasis.

Little America, Wyoming features everything Buc-ee's does, and a motel too.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

corco

Nice! I'm amazed you were able to get all those pictures of the inside without getting yelled at. In this day and age people are way too paranoid about people taking inside pictures
QuoteLittle America, Wyoming features everything Buc-ee's does, and a motel too.

Can you get fresh beef/seafood in Little America?

jgb191

Actually the flagship stores are a tourist attractions in themselves.  People take lots of videos and photos there and it helps get their word around to visitors to Texas to stop by one of their locations.

agentsteel53

Quote from: corco on November 05, 2010, 02:43:50 PM

Can you get fresh beef/seafood in Little America?

I have no idea.  what would a driver/traveler want with that, though?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

algorerhythms

After stopping at Buc-ee's on the way back from Houston, I can confirm that I will never again eat anything called "Beaver Nuggets".

bogdown

Quote from: algorerhythms on November 05, 2010, 06:02:07 PM
After stopping at Buc-ee's on the way back from Houston
Is it the Madisonville one? I stopped at that Buc-ees for gas, then bought chips. heehee
No, nobody died

Grzrd

Quote from: jgb191 on November 05, 2010, 02:48:34 PM
Actually the flagship stores are a tourist attractions in themselves.  People take lots of videos and photos there and it helps get their word around to visitors to Texas to stop by one of their locations.
I have no plans to visit Texas in near future, but I got to live vicariously through YouTube video on Buc-ees website: http://www.bucees.com/youtube.htm
Amazing.

algorerhythms

Quote from: bogdown on November 06, 2010, 08:43:11 AM
Is it the Madisonville one? I stopped at that Buc-ees for gas, then bought chips. heehee
Yeah, it was the one on I-45. On the way to Houston we saw the billboards advertising "Beaver Nuggets." I was thinking it would be sort of like chicken nuggets, but made of beaver meat. Instead it was a bag of Sugar Pops cereal. It turned out to be a bad thing, because I didn't have breakfast that morning, and our plan to stop in Dallas for lunch was cancelled by my boss (who was driving) without telling us. To make it worse, I had to go into work right after I got back to Oklahoma. Turns out that eating nothing but sugar for a day is a bad thing.

bogdown

Quote from: algorerhythms on November 06, 2010, 01:28:13 PM
Quote from: bogdown on November 06, 2010, 08:43:11 AM
Yeah, it was the one on I-45. On the way to Houston we saw the billboards advertising "Beaver Nuggets." I was thinking it would be sort of like chicken nuggets, but made of beaver meat. Instead it was a bag of Sugar Pops cereal. It turned out to be a bad thing, because I didn't have breakfast that morning, and our plan to stop in Dallas for lunch was cancelled by my boss (who was driving) without telling us. To make it worse, I had to go into work right after I got back to Oklahoma. Turns out that eating nothing but sugar for a day is a bad thing.
I remember just after leaving Houston, there was billboard for that Buc-ees and how many miles away it was. The board was surrounded by trees.
No, nobody died

burgess87

Wharton, eh?  That's not too far from my old roost in Rosenberg.  I'll have to head on down the 59 when I get a chance to visit again.

jgb191

^ In that case, there is a smaller local Buc-ee's store between the neighboring towns of Richmond and Sugar Land.  It's located right off the Crab River exit from US 59 near the Brazos River.  It's not one of the three super-locations, but the local stores still have many of the things the flagship stores have, but it's more geared towards locals and their base needs and less for travelers.  It doesn't have a gifts section or the outdoors section.

The Wharton location (the location shown in the above photos) is 28 miles from Rosenburg, but that one of the three super stores that is a travel store for drivers.

burgess87

I have an aunt who lives in Victoria.  Totally worth it.   :-D

jgb191

I think there is one near Victoria as well, but that one is also just a local store and not a super store.  El Campo has a local Buc-ee's.  Wharton is the only super location for travelers on your way.

And just a heads up to future visitors, not all Buc-ee's are that size. Only three are the super-size stores that give Buc-ee's its fame....Wharton, Madisonville, and Luling, all placed on major highways with heavy traffic, designed with travelers in mind.  All other stores are smaller locations that cater towards the locals with more food/groceries than gift and novelties.  They might build more of the super stores in the future someday.

BigMattFromTexas

I HAVE to go to one of these! Closest thing here is a Town & Country..
BigMatt

brownpelican

Not the fresh meat/seafood section? Get out! There wouldn't happen to be one on I-10 between Houston and the La. state line eh?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.