What Section of Interstate NOT in your state have you been on the most?

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 18, 2021, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

For me, either I-95 in New Hampshire or I-84 in Connecticut east of Hartford.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

thspfc

I-90 in IL between South Beloit and the northwest suburbs.

Rothman

Meh.  Doesn't really work by state for me.  That said, probably the pre-completion I-95 segments in NJ, DE (from I-295) and MD.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Probably I-35 between Oklahoma and I-435, owing to regular trips to Kansas City over the years. I-44 between Oklahoma and exit 72 in Springfield is likely a close second, since that was my exit when I was going to college in MO.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

webny99

Easily I-90 between the NY/PA line and Cleveland. Second would be I-81 between the NY/PA line and Scranton.

If the QEW in Ontario counted, it would be the easy winner in a blowout over anything else in the US outside of NY. Bet I'm the only US user for whom my most-traveled freeway segment outside my state is in another country!  :biggrin:

webny99

Quote from: Rothman on May 18, 2021, 03:55:31 PM
Meh.  Doesn't really work by state for me.  That said, probably the pre-completion I-95 segments in NJ, DE (from I-295) and MD.

Why wouldn't it work by state?

JayhawkCO

Having lived in both Kansas City and the Twin Cities for about 60% of my life, the very easy answer is I-35.

Chris

Rothman

Quote from: webny99 on May 18, 2021, 04:01:32 PM
Quote from: Rothman on May 18, 2021, 03:55:31 PM

Why wouldn't it work by state?
Because you don't leave an interstate and get on another at the state border.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

bing101

I-215 Nevada, I-H1, I-H2 in Hawaii are the most used freeways I used outside my home state of California.

Flint1979

Big John

MikieTimT

Like many in the Mid-South who take trips to the beach, I'd have to say I-10 in Alabama/Florida.

JayhawkCO

I read the OP differently than others it appears.  I read it as "which interstate that doesn't exist at all in your state have you been on the most", not which stretch outside of your state.

I don't think it changes my answer any, but it would likely affect a lot of the above answers including the OP's (as both of his interstates are also in MA).

Chris

US 89

Quote from: jayhawkco on May 18, 2021, 04:33:52 PM
I read the OP differently than others it appears.  I read it as "which interstate that doesn't exist at all in your state have you been on the most", not which stretch outside of your state.

That is also how I read it at first - and my answer to that is likely either I-25 or I-40.

Roadgeekteen

I don't think it changes my answer any, but it would likely affect a lot of the above answers including the OP's (as both of his interstates are also in MA).

Chris
I thought that my examples give it away, but it can see why it could be confusing.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

cu2010

Quote from: webny99 on May 18, 2021, 04:00:59 PM
Bet I'm the only US user for whom my most-traveled freeway segment outside my state is in another country!  :biggrin:

You're not. Mine is easily the 401.

As for within the US, probably I-89 from Swanton to Colchester, VT.
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 18, 2021, 04:38:18 PM

Chris
I thought that my examples give it away, but it can see why it could be confusing.

Out of curiosity, what would be your answer if the question was interpreted as I did?

Chris

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jayhawkco on May 18, 2021, 04:58:58 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 18, 2021, 04:38:18 PM

Chris

Out of curiosity, what would be your answer if the question was interpreted as I did?

Chris
Probably I-293 in New Hampshire.

Rothman

If it's an interstate not in my homestate, we're in I-79 in WV from Morgantown to I-77 territory.  I-68 would be close, but I was travelling down I-79 when I-68 was US 48.

webny99

My answer for an interstate not in my state would probably be I-80, only because I've used it several times in both NJ/PA and OH/IN/IL.

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Scott5114

Mine would be I-435, or I-70 if limiting it to 2dis.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 18, 2021, 06:44:53 PM

Mine would be I-435, or I-70 if limiting it to 2dis.

Mine would probably be I-39.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

SkyPesos

NWI_Irish96

Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.