News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What Section of Interstate NOT in your state have you been on the most?

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 18, 2021, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

For me, either I-95 in New Hampshire or I-84 in Connecticut east of Hartford.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

thspfc

I-90 in IL between South Beloit and the northwest suburbs.

Rothman

Meh.  Doesn't really work by state for me.  That said, probably the pre-completion I-95 segments in NJ, DE (from I-295) and MD.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Probably I-35 between Oklahoma and I-435, owing to regular trips to Kansas City over the years. I-44 between Oklahoma and exit 72 in Springfield is likely a close second, since that was my exit when I was going to college in MO.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

webny99

Easily I-90 between the NY/PA line and Cleveland. Second would be I-81 between the NY/PA line and Scranton.

If the QEW in Ontario counted, it would be the easy winner in a blowout over anything else in the US outside of NY. Bet I'm the only US user for whom my most-traveled freeway segment outside my state is in another country!  :biggrin:

webny99

Quote from: Rothman on May 18, 2021, 03:55:31 PM
Meh.  Doesn't really work by state for me.  That said, probably the pre-completion I-95 segments in NJ, DE (from I-295) and MD.

Why wouldn't it work by state?

JayhawkCO

Having lived in both Kansas City and the Twin Cities for about 60% of my life, the very easy answer is I-35.

Chris

Rothman

Quote from: webny99 on May 18, 2021, 04:01:32 PM
Quote from: Rothman on May 18, 2021, 03:55:31 PM

Why wouldn't it work by state?
Because you don't leave an interstate and get on another at the state border.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

bing101

I-215 Nevada, I-H1, I-H2 in Hawaii are the most used freeways I used outside my home state of California.

Flint1979

Big John

MikieTimT

Like many in the Mid-South who take trips to the beach, I'd have to say I-10 in Alabama/Florida.

JayhawkCO

I read the OP differently than others it appears.  I read it as "which interstate that doesn't exist at all in your state have you been on the most", not which stretch outside of your state.

I don't think it changes my answer any, but it would likely affect a lot of the above answers including the OP's (as both of his interstates are also in MA).

Chris

US 89

Quote from: jayhawkco on May 18, 2021, 04:33:52 PM
I read the OP differently than others it appears.  I read it as "which interstate that doesn't exist at all in your state have you been on the most", not which stretch outside of your state.

That is also how I read it at first - and my answer to that is likely either I-25 or I-40.

Roadgeekteen

I don't think it changes my answer any, but it would likely affect a lot of the above answers including the OP's (as both of his interstates are also in MA).

Chris
I thought that my examples give it away, but it can see why it could be confusing.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

cu2010

Quote from: webny99 on May 18, 2021, 04:00:59 PM
Bet I'm the only US user for whom my most-traveled freeway segment outside my state is in another country!  :biggrin:

You're not. Mine is easily the 401.

As for within the US, probably I-89 from Swanton to Colchester, VT.
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 18, 2021, 04:38:18 PM

Chris
I thought that my examples give it away, but it can see why it could be confusing.

Out of curiosity, what would be your answer if the question was interpreted as I did?

Chris

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jayhawkco on May 18, 2021, 04:58:58 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 18, 2021, 04:38:18 PM

Chris

Out of curiosity, what would be your answer if the question was interpreted as I did?

Chris
Probably I-293 in New Hampshire.

Rothman

If it's an interstate not in my homestate, we're in I-79 in WV from Morgantown to I-77 territory.  I-68 would be close, but I was travelling down I-79 when I-68 was US 48.

webny99

My answer for an interstate not in my state would probably be I-80, only because I've used it several times in both NJ/PA and OH/IN/IL.

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Scott5114

Mine would be I-435, or I-70 if limiting it to 2dis.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 18, 2021, 06:44:53 PM

Mine would be I-435, or I-70 if limiting it to 2dis.

Mine would probably be I-39.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

SkyPesos

NWI_Irish96

Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.