News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Lowest-Numbered Route You Have Not Clinched

Started by formulanone, June 10, 2021, 06:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

For those of you who count your clinches, what's the lowest-numbered road that you have not clinched? State routes, US highways, Interstates, any major enough route (preferably signed).

I'll allow a Business route, a spur, connector, auxiliary, suffixed, or prefixed routes...whatever, just so as long as you have clinched it.

You do not have to clinch its entire parent route for this thread, unless you want to. You can also count decommissioned routes, too.

So if you've clinched one of US Route 1's Business alignments, then you can count a "1". Finished off a Statevincial RouteWayTrunkRoad 2? ...you have "2". Completed that Far-Off Highway 3 when you were on vacation? ...now you have "3". Interstate 4 from end-to-end? ...well, you get the idea.

I haven't knowingly clinched any route numbered 83. What's your lowest?

74/171FAN

As of today, mine is 6.  I have got VA 6 or DE 6 done to this point.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

CoreySamson

Mine is definitely 1. Haven't clinched TN 1, LA 1, or TX NASA Road 1 (although that last one is totally doable whenever I have time). I haven't been on any other route 1s.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

SkyPesos

hbelkins

Looks like my lowest number is 108. There's no WV 108, and KY 108 is out in the west-central part of the state in an area to which I don't get very often.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

oscar

My lowest-numbered traveled but unclinched route seems to be 325. I've traveled several route 325s in various places, but no clinches on any. Every lower number, I have a clinch somewhere, sometimes in unexpected places (like Quebec for 323, and South Dakota for 324).
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Mapmikey

Quote from: hbelkins on June 10, 2021, 07:28:41 PM
Looks like my lowest number is 108. There's no WV 108, and KY 108 is out in the west-central part of the state in an area to which I don't get very often.

VA 108 is in Martinsville

For me the answer is the same as routes traveled - 266

TheHighwayMan3561

If you include bannered routes, it's 8. If not, 2.

1: MN
2: TRUCK 2, Superior, WI
3: MN
4: MN, NM
5: MN
6: MN
7: MN
8: none
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

US 89

1. The lowest route number I have clinched is 3 - various instances of GA 3 Connector. Lowest non-bannered is GA 6.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JayhawkCO

Looks like mine is 18. 

CO1
CO2
CO3
I-4
CO5
OR6
CO7
CO8
CO9
CO10
I-11
I-12
CO13
CO14
CO15
I-16
I-17

Chris

Rothman

TCH 1 -- NL
NY 2
MA 3

So...4, it seems.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Bruce

1 for me, since I have not clinched BC-1 or Berlin's B1, and have not been on any other Highway 1s.

Jim

On a quick search (thank you TM SQL queries) I'm up to 14.  But the only 6 is a MA 6A, which I'm not sure fits the spirit of the challenge.  Though if business routes do (which is how I got past 1), maybe they're ok.
Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

Hot Rod Hootenanny

2. Not sure how I'm going to clinch that in Ohio, much less anywhere else.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

hotdogPi

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on June 11, 2021, 11:41:22 AM

NY 2 shouldn't be too hard. If every state of a multistate route is needed, MA 2 is a straight shot from the state line to Boston.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

oscar

You have Ohio state route 2, along much of the state's northern border via Toledo and Cleveland. Is the problem that it's too long for you to clinch? (I've clinched it, though not in one trip.)

74/171FAN

Quote from: oscar on June 10, 2021, 07:35:19 PM
My lowest-numbered traveled but unclinched route seems to be 325. I've traveled several route 325s in various places, but no clinches on any. Every lower number, I have a clinch somewhere, sometimes in unexpected places (like Quebec for 323, and South Dakota for 324).

Well I presume you will be clinching PA 325 on your next trip to the northeast.     :clap:
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

oscar

Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 11, 2021, 12:30:38 PM

Well I presume you will be clinching PA 325 on your next trip to the northeast.     :clap:

Which might be awhile, since all my trips planned for this year go west or south (unless the Canadian border reopens before winter arrives, in which case I have some unfinished business in Ontario and Quebec).

Mapmikey

Quote from: oscar on June 11, 2021, 12:36:18 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 11, 2021, 12:30:38 PM

Which might be awhile, since all my trips planned for this year go west or south (unless the Canadian border reopens before winter arrives, in which case I have some unfinished business in Ontario and Quebec).

VA 325 is an easy one to get, near US 301 Hanover...

oscar

Quote from: Mapmikey on June 11, 2021, 12:56:02 PM
VA 325 is an easy one to get, near US 301 Hanover...

I traveled it, noted it was unsigned, and soon thereafter it was removed from Travel Mapping (and my own list file). Does it still officially exist?

Even if I count it, there are numbers higher in the 32x range where I have no clinched routes.

WillWeaverRVA

VA 4 would probably be my lowest. It's also the lowest Virginia primary route number I've never been on.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

hbelkins

KY 2 would be an easy clinch for you. Begins at the old routing of US 23 in downtown Greenup, crosses the four-lane US 23 shortly thereafter, and continues to US 60 in Olive Hill. Depending on your origin point in the C-bus area, you could reach the northern (eastern) terminus in 2 1/2-3 hours by coming down US 23 through Circleville and Chillicothe.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Eth

If we allow auxiliaries, it's 4. Otherwise 1:

US 1 Alt (Washington, DC)
I-H2
two instances of GA 3 Connector (well, three, but one of them is unsigned)

kphoger

Good golly, this would require a lot of county highway searching and memory racking.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.