News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Roads in Video Games

Started by KEK Inc., September 06, 2010, 01:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ce929wax

I saw an I-85 North Greenville/I-75 Atlanta Chamblee Rd BGS in MLB 18 The Show when I was playing my character in Road to the Show earlier this evening.  The only problem is that I was playing in a home game with the Akron Rubber Ducks.

X99

Same map, same interchange, except I updated the interchange by adding guardrails and signage and then taking another picture, and then changing the name. It's now the South Bay Interchange, and this time, the picture is properly oriented with north at the top.

As for the rest of the map's freeway system, its length has tripled since my first post talking about it, and plans for the future nearly double it again. More pictures and a better description of the freeway system are available on this post, with more pictures coming in the future.
why are there only like 5 people on this forum from south dakota

Bruce

The Last of Us II is set in Seattle and many, many areas of downtown have been faithfully recreated. This video has a few shots from the now-overgrown ruins of I-5.

J3ebrules

After the pain of Fallout 76's map of what was trying to be a real place (only slightly divergent West Virginia), I'm so happy to be playing Far Cry 5. It's set in a fictional county in Montana, but still includes realistic road settings (secondary route 244 really does intersect US 87 in the middle of nowhere, but in Montana!).
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

vtk

Should I start posting American Truck Simulator screenshots in this thread?
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

X99

Quote from: vtk on November 17, 2020, 08:48:43 AM
Should I start posting American Truck Simulator screenshots in this thread?

I have no issues with that. I was considering posting Cities Skylines screenshots, and that's roadways I laid out myself that match real life.
why are there only like 5 people on this forum from south dakota

thspfc

I started building a world on Minecraft with cities and highways in June. Worked on it until mid-August. I still have it but haven't worked on it since. It's pretty big. Right now there's a couple freeways, many surface roads/rural highways, and many city streets. I would like to get back to it soon.

vtk

Today I hauled a triple trailer of lumber from Montrose, CO to Pueblo, CO on US 50.

San Juan Ave & Main St (US 50 & US-550) in Montrose:

Detail of Montrose city street blade:

Leaving Montrose:

Blue Mesa Reservoir / Curecanti National Recreation Area:

Up and over a mountain range via Monarch Pass:

Poncha Springs:

Between Poncha Springs and Pueblo:

Just delivered the trailer at Home Store:

Jct US-50 & I-25 just a stone's throw away:

CNGL-Leudimin

Luckily there are no SWIFT (i.e. Sure Wish I Finished Training) trucks in American Truck Simulator :sombrero:. Even though I seem to be one when playing that...
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Max Rockatansky

Duke Nukem 3D had a stage that I believe was called "Freeway."   The level essentially was an elevated freeway that was blocked off on all sides by earthquake debris and more or less was an open arena.  Personally I preferred Rabid Transportation given the train would crush things. 

vtk

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 23, 2020, 03:47:30 PM
Duke Nukem 3D had a stage that I believe was called "Freeway."   The level essentially was an elevated freeway that was blocked off on all sides by earthquake debris and more or less was an open arena.  Personally I preferred Rabid Transportation given the train would crush things. 

I don't remember that stage. Was it not in the PC version?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: vtk on November 25, 2020, 04:52:46 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 23, 2020, 03:47:30 PM

I don't remember that stage. Was it not in the PC version?

I'm remembering it from the N64 version, it might not have been in the PC variant.

Dustin DeWinn

There are  TON of very elaborate, complex ones in BeamNG

Just go to YouTube for an endless supply. I don't even know where to begin in showing you.

ozarkman417

Quote from: Dustin DeWinn on November 30, 2020, 11:17:37 PM
There are  TON of very elaborate, complex ones in BeamNG

Just go to YouTube for an endless supply. I don't even know where to begin in showing you.
I have a thread for the game here. Perhaps the most well-known and best maps are those developed by Bob Blunderton, including Los Injrus and Roane County, TN. With nearly 1,000 hours on the game, I have been developing a small map of my own. Pictures of it are in the thread, but most of them are roughly a year old.

Joe The Dragon

Need to get to the highways in cyberpunk 2077.
Seems to be Set in the USA but traffic lights seem to have the Poland / EU? placement.

J3ebrules

Quote from: Joe The Dragon on December 10, 2020, 12:43:11 PM
Need to get to the highways in cyberpunk 2077.
Seems to be Set in the USA but traffic lights seem to have the Poland / EU? placement.

Makes sense since CD projekt Red is a Polish company. I heard, though, that they hired an urban planner as a consultant for the city design. I'm so excited to play this, but considering how buggy it is on a souped-up PC rig on Day One, I'm gonna wait a couple of weeks. I heard it's janky as heck on console, and I'm playing on an Xbox One S.
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

kurumi

MS Flight Simulator 2020 has some good scenery, including roads and highways. Here's a flyover of some Connecticut cities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnSyVrhAtRg

What you can see from the air looks pretty authentic, though the data may be a few years old. In-game, the I-95/I-91 interchange is still under construction, and the CT 10 interchange has the old configuration.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

kurumi

ATS is working on a Wyoming DLC, and it looks really nice (link is more general search for freeway stuff): https://blog.scssoft.com/search?q=freeway

(realistically I'll never play the game, but will look for a hi-def playthrough)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

MCRoads

Quote from: vtk on November 22, 2020, 06:15:03 PM
Today I hauled a triple trailer of lumber from Montrose, CO to Pueblo, CO on US 50.

[Snip!]

I have actually driven from Poncha Springs to just west of Pueblo on US 50 IRL, and it is a fairly accurate model. Only thing missing seems to be Cañon City.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

kurumi

Here's an in-browser game (very chill, more like a playable demo) where you drive a procedurally-generated road through the countryside: https://slowroads.io/

You can bump into guardrails and trees using WASD manual steering, or turn on autodrive and just go along for the ride.

thenetwork

Quote from: MCRoads on September 06, 2021, 03:29:44 PM
Quote from: vtk on November 22, 2020, 06:15:03 PM

[Snip!]

I have actually driven from Poncha Springs to just west of Pueblo on US 50 IRL, and it is a fairly accurate model. Only thing missing seems to be Cañon City.

Not bad at all...But how I wish the the drive down US-50 was that short...And easy.....Especially now with the construction mess through Blue Creek Canyon.

MultiMillionMiler

Does the I-1,2,4,5 numbering in GTA 5 make any sense LOL. I mean I've always supported the idea of an I-1 in CA, maybe running along the 101 freeway. Maybe I-2 would make sense if they somehow extended that west to LA, but I-4 is in Florida!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.