Why can't people get this intersection right?

Started by Crash_It, November 14, 2020, 05:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fwydriver405

Quote from: compdude787 on November 21, 2020, 11:36:21 PM
Dude, you definitely honk on the horn way too long. I like to think that I'm not too shy about using the horn, but I've never, ever, laid on the horn for as many as five seconds like you did. I'm not surprised that that lady reacted the way she did.

Agreed on that part. Maybe a few quick taps on the horn would have been OK, but in my view, that long of a blast is just asking for trouble for something that could have been handled a lot differently. I'd imagine the driver in the minivan in the first clip would have reacted differently if your honk was less aggressive, let alone, not honk at all...

Especially if there was no-one behind me... as soon as I realised that some drivers were going to stop in that lane... I would have slowed down so I can see what my options were, maybe slow down to a safe stop, or if there was enough space, cautiously scooted over to the right to go around them.

When I was taught to drive... I was taught to be a sensible driver and try to reduce risk from other drivers to prevent incidents like that from happening... and also try not to use the horn/high beams aggressively... some things are not worth getting into like that in my view.

As far as the "single solid white line" law in IL... I had some difficulty finding an explicit law regarding lane lines, especially for white lines. The closest thing I could find is this from the 2020 IL drivers handbook on page 79 saying this:

Quote from: Illinois 2020 Rules of the Road, page 79White Lane Lines
White lane lines separate lanes of traffic moving in the same direction.
- Broken white lines separate lanes of traffic moving in the same direction. A driver may only cross the line when changing lanes or turning.
- Solid white lines separate lanes of traffic moving in the same direction. Crossing a solid white line requires special care and is discouraged.
- Solid double white lines separate lanes of traffic moving in the same direction. Crossing a double solid white line is prohibited.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on November 21, 2020, 11:50:52 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 21, 2020, 11:30:54 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on November 21, 2020, 11:02:38 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on November 21, 2020, 10:13:27 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on November 21, 2020, 09:58:49 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on November 21, 2020, 07:36:23 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on November 21, 2020, 12:45:16 PM
It would've been avoided by her just not stopping there in the first place like any normal driver would. The very first time I encountered that intersection I didn't stop at it. People also don't goof up the other intersection maybe about a mile away from that one. They also don't goof up the other one which is in the Chicago area, granted..I've only came across that one once.

But I'm telling you, people aren't "goofing up" by stopping in them. 99% of the time, they just need to turn left immediately afterwards, so they pull off to the hard left to allow traffic to pass on their right. Ever noticed how wide slip lanes are? Or sometimes, they just stop in the middle, like these two drivers (note they are both looking at traffic). Still, it's a very common thing. And if your default reaction is what we saw in the video...well, it's no wonder you get the cops called on you. Your reaction was needlessly aggressive. It's a wonder you haven't had your license revoked. Any other driver would have simply...you know...gone around. But no, you have clips to make! :-D

I find this whole thing rather ironic. Someone posting every little mistake drivers make on YouTube, yet refuses to admit any mistakes they also make. That's some bad karma, my friend. Maybe tone it down before you get yourself hurt by someone with nothing to lose.

That's not the case at that intersection, there isn't even anywhere to turn left until after the slip lane ends. My reaction was normal and that's what the cop said. There are just dumb drivers out there.
Bull. The police officer even acted appealed by your behavior. You are blind and I can't until you are tried in court for reckless driving. Maybe that will wake you up before you cause a major accident or worse.

No, he said that he had no issue with the honking of the horn. Watch the video again. I've never been at fault in  any accidents I've been in and I've been driving since the early '00s

It's not exactly normal to have been in a bunch of accidents, you might want to get introspective on that line you just threw out.  But then again you strike me as arrogant as all hell, why would any of them be YOUR fault?

I've only been in three accidents and they are on my channel. Not my fault

here's one of them

Fixed that link for you, or at least put something more watchable on.

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 22, 2020, 12:36:02 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 21, 2020, 11:30:54 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on November 21, 2020, 11:02:38 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on November 21, 2020, 10:13:27 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on November 21, 2020, 09:58:49 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on November 21, 2020, 07:36:23 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on November 21, 2020, 12:45:16 PM
It would've been avoided by her just not stopping there in the first place like any normal driver would. The very first time I encountered that intersection I didn't stop at it. People also don't goof up the other intersection maybe about a mile away from that one. They also don't goof up the other one which is in the Chicago area, granted..I've only came across that one once.

But I'm telling you, people aren't "goofing up" by stopping in them. 99% of the time, they just need to turn left immediately afterwards, so they pull off to the hard left to allow traffic to pass on their right. Ever noticed how wide slip lanes are? Or sometimes, they just stop in the middle, like these two drivers (note they are both looking at traffic). Still, it's a very common thing. And if your default reaction is what we saw in the video...well, it's no wonder you get the cops called on you. Your reaction was needlessly aggressive. It's a wonder you haven't had your license revoked. Any other driver would have simply...you know...gone around. But no, you have clips to make! :-D

I find this whole thing rather ironic. Someone posting every little mistake drivers make on YouTube, yet refuses to admit any mistakes they also make. That's some bad karma, my friend. Maybe tone it down before you get yourself hurt by someone with nothing to lose.

That's not the case at that intersection, there isn't even anywhere to turn left until after the slip lane ends. My reaction was normal and that's what the cop said. There are just dumb drivers out there.
Bull. The police officer even acted appealed by your behavior. You are blind and I can't until you are tried in court for reckless driving. Maybe that will wake you up before you cause a major accident or worse.

No, he said that he had no issue with the honking of the horn. Watch the video again. I've never been at fault in  any accidents I've been in and I've been driving since the early '00s

It's not exactly normal to have been in a bunch of accidents, you might want to get introspective on that line you just threw out.  But then again you strike me as arrogant as all hell, why would any of them be YOUR fault?

here's one of them

Fixed that link for you, or at least put something more watchable on.

Well , in that case I hope a distracted driver rear ends the shit out of you at a right turn at all times intersection where a stupid driver stopped since you think all of this is unwatchable.

Max Rockatansky

^^^

Oh wow, wishing harm to others?  That temper of yours getting the better of you again?  What a shock, too bad you don't have a car horn to honk. 

But yes, I much prefer ten hours of a Rick Roll than having to watch another self-glorification video pertaining to your mountainous ego behind the wheel. 

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 22, 2020, 09:17:36 AM
^^^

Oh wow, wishing harm to others?  That temper of yours getting the better of you again?  What a shock, too bad you don't have a car horn to honk. 

But yes, I much prefer ten hours of a Rick Roll than having to watch another self-glorification video pertaining to your mountainous ego behind the wheel.

That video is none of the above. And i realize that I'm not a perfect driver. The fact is that everyone in my videos drives worse than I do.

1995hoo

Quote from: Crash_It on November 22, 2020, 10:29:31 AM
^^^

That video is none of the above. And i realize that I'm not a perfect driver. The fact is that everyone in my videos drives worse than I do.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 22, 2020, 10:47:24 AM
^^^

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Apparently "facts"  are a subjective interpretation solely at the discretion of the OP.

US 89

i realize that I'm not a perfect driver. The fact is that everyone in my videos drives worse than I do.

Translation: "I am a more perfect driver than everybody else on the road."

Crash_It

Quote from: US 89 on November 22, 2020, 12:17:28 PM
i realize that I'm not a perfect driver. The fact is that everyone in my videos drives worse than I do.

More like, "While, I am not perfect, I am better than the 39 other drivers shown in this video"

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Crash_It on November 22, 2020, 02:30:31 PM
Quote from: US 89 on November 22, 2020, 12:17:28 PM

More like, "While, I am not perfect, I am better than the 39 other drivers shown in this video"
no you're not

kkt

Do you ever do any science?  Maybe average driving for you is better than the worst driving of others WHO YOU HAPPENED TO FILM and put on your web page.  This is called a highly selective sample, and it is not the road to valid results.

jakeroot

I've been in one over ten years, which was my fault as I misjudged a gap. I've avoided at least two others that would not have been my fault (both times someone coming up behind me too quickly) by using this one simple tactic:

Defense driving.

You do not drive defensively. You drive, to put it lightly, offensively: you are aggressive; you attack others; virtually no one agrees with your actions. You have now dealt with about 7+ pages of people telling you that you are wrong, and there's virtually no admission of any guilt to be found. How does that not worry? Are you really so dense that you honestly think the dozens of us here are the ones who are crazy?

For the record: 20 years of driving doesn't matter. What matters is your ability to judge situations and react appropriately. This usually comes with experience, but your videos are clear evidence of that not always being the case.

kphoger

And i realize that I'm not a perfect driver. The fact is that everyone in my videos drives worse than I do.

No, that fact is not proven by the videos.  Your video clips show a specific instance in which a driver made a bad judgment call.  Some or all of those people might very well be horrible drivers in general, but they also might be excellent drivers the other 99% of the time they're on the road, and you just happened to catch them during a bonehead move.  On the other hand, your videos show a pattern of aggressive and self-righteous behavior on the road by yourself.

Have you ever stopped to consider that hearing a long horn blast can scare a driver, distract a driver, make a driver do something even more dangerous than what you're reacting to?  If I hear a long horn blast nearby, my first reaction is to assume that either (a) someone is alerting me that I'm about to drive into imminent danger, or else (b) there's about to be crash near me.  I might step on the brakes (risking a rear-end collision), frantically look around (taking my eyes off the road), neglect to check the color of a stoplight (risking a T-bone collision), etc.  It's my opinion that your horn blasts are actually negatively affecting the safety of the roads rather than improving it.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: 1 on November 21, 2020, 09:05:59 PM

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 21, 2020, 09:05:01 PM
Hence my comment in one of these threads that this guy is the FritzOwl of cammers.  The only reality that matters is the one built around a mountain of ego and self importance.

There's a major difference here: FritzOwl won't even try to defend himself. He'll just pretend that you didn't type anything critical of him.

On the other hand, I think he has yet to admit he was wrong about crossing a white line.  See below, and listen to the crickets.

Quote from: kphoger on November 20, 2020, 02:43:51 PM

Quote from: Crash_It on November 16, 2020, 04:27:27 PM
The whole issue is she did cross a solid white line to begin with which is illegal in IL. If she never crossed the solid white, it never would've been an issue after her sitting in the thru lane.

I am unfamiliar with such a law in Illinois.  I also just went through the vehicle code (625 ILCS 5) to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything.  Please provide a reference to the Illinois law prohibiting the crossing of a solid white line.

What I do see is evidence that crossing a single solid white line is discouraged but not prohibited.  References shown below:

Quote from: MUTCD 2009 Edition, Chapter 3B
Section 3B.04 White Lane Line Pavement Markings and Warrants

20   Where crossing the lane line markings is discouraged, the lane line markings shall consist of a normal or wide solid white line.

30   Where crossing the lane line markings is prohibited, the lane line markings shall consist of a solid double white line (see Figure 3B-12).

Quote from: Illinois Supplement to the National Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, 2009 Edition
As noted in the preceding certification, the 2009 edition of the Illinois Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (IMUTCD) consists of the December 2009 national Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), including subsequent official revisions thereto, as amended by this Illinois Supplement to the MUTCD.

[...]

PART 3
Markings

(No revisions)

Quote from: jakeroot on November 20, 2020, 05:45:02 PM
I'm surprised how long it took for someone to note that it is, in fact, not illegal to cross a solid white line. Discouraged, but not illegal. Discouraged seems to be legalese for "go ahead, but if you crash while doing it, you'll likely be at fault".

Quote from: fwydriver405 on November 22, 2020, 12:19:27 AM
The closest thing I could find is this from the 2020 IL drivers handbook on page 79 saying this:

Quote from: Illinois 2020 Rules of the Road, page 79White Lane Lines
White lane lines separate lanes of traffic moving in the same direction.
- Broken white lines separate lanes of traffic moving in the same direction. A driver may only cross the line when changing lanes or turning.
- Solid white lines separate lanes of traffic moving in the same direction. Crossing a solid white line requires special care and is discouraged.
- Solid double white lines separate lanes of traffic moving in the same direction. Crossing a double solid white line is prohibited.

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jakeroot

It seems that him making such a big deal about someone crossing a white line is pretty clear evidence that he actually has no clue about law in general. The meaning of a solid white line should be well understood by someone whose entire reason to exist on YouTube is to showcase drivers breaking laws.

It seems that his thing is making fun of those drivers who drive differently than him. He made up a law about not crossing solid white lines, and now everyone who does this is a "bad driver" and ends up in his video. In the same vein, he gets frustrated when drivers stop on a yellow light even if that yellow light has been lit for a very long time. I'm all for using every millisecond of a yellow, but someone simply stopping on yellow (minus those who slam on the brakes...that's frustrating, yes) is not something I would put in a video. Especially if that video would have shown me entering on red. But again, drivers who don't drive like him, even if they aren't breaking a law, end up in his videos. It's just ridiculous.

Max Rockatansky

What I'm not getting is why post all this stuff here?  I don't think the majority of us are on this forum to partake in critiques about how people drive on a day to day basis.  Said Crash It Youtube Channel doesn't even have 1,000 subscribers and just a handful of videos that top 10,000 views.  Is this some sort of attempt to build the brand and get a wider viewership?  If so the OP would be far better served posted to Social Media platforms and their groups that have a wider reach on or more general interest themes.

renegade

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 23, 2020, 03:53:33 PM
What I'm not getting is why post all this stuff here?  I don't think the majority of us are on this forum to partake in critiques about how people drive on a day to day basis.  Said Crash It Youtube Channel doesn't even have 1,000 subscribers and just a handful of videos that top 10,000 views.  Is this some sort of attempt to build the brand and get a wider viewership?  If so the OP would be far better served posted to Social Media platforms and their groups that have a wider reach on or more general interest themes.
Yes.  OP is sucking for subscribers.  We should not be monetizing the OP.

The OP should move this bullshit to Insta and stay there.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: renegade on November 23, 2020, 05:52:41 PM

That's more or less the primary driver in why I stopped watching.  I didn't want to support the channel based off the comments and I'll conceived retorts made here.  That said I'm not aware if there is any apparent way to tell as a viewer if a channel is monetized.  I'm thinking that it is monetized given how the OP conveniently tries to get people to watch other videos to prove his points. 

Crash_It

That's not it say all. Nice try

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on November 23, 2020, 09:51:10 PM

That's not it say all. Nice try

I doubt your into selectively recording and editing videos out of the goodness of your heart, nice try. 

kphoger

My time driving in Mexico over the years (a rough estimate being 8000 total miles and counting) has helped me get my eyes off the minutiae of the law and see traffic as a more fluid thing.  The first thing it helped me stop worrying about is paint on the pavement.  Traffic is so much more than just little lines painted on the ground.
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on November 24, 2020, 10:23:05 AM
My time driving in Mexico over the years (a rough estimate being 8000 total miles and counting) has helped me get my eyes off the minutiae of the law and see traffic as a more fluid thing.  The first thing it helped me stop worrying about is paint on the pavement.  Traffic is so much more than just little lines painted on the ground.

Trying to negotiate some of those cities and things like cobblestone roads alone makes one appreciate how good roads really are State Side.  That's not even getting into things like how all over the place signage can be the massive variations in road maintenance.  Driving skill exists, but not as people drive which leads to some wild situations when they do.  Safety standards are not the same down in Mexico (I'm amused at how angry people on this forum get about people riding in truck beds or families on mopeds).  The OP hasn't displayed any actual road conditions and driving behavior that is even in the same stratosphere with what can be found in Mexico. 

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 24, 2020, 10:30:36 AM
The OP hasn't displayed any actual road conditions and driving behavior that is even in the same stratosphere with what can be found in Mexico. 

And I want to dive into this statement a little bit.  Mexican driving behavior isn't inherently inferior to ours just because they're more likely to pass with oncoming traffic, drive on the shoulder, go against a red light when cross traffic clears, pull out in front of someone, go 35 mph or 70 mph in a rural 50 mph zone.  Rather, it's simply a different driving culture with different expectations.

It's more acceptable to pass with oncoming traffic there, and oncoming traffic is more ready to expect it and more willing to accommodate it.  It's more acceptable to drive on the shoulder there, even if signs prohibit it on that road, and everybody appreciates slower drivers doing it.  It's more acceptable to go against a red light there, and nobody honks a horn when it happens or shares dashcam footage online later.  It's more acceptable to pull out in front of someone there, and people just slow down or go around when it happens.  It's more acceptable to drive both really slowly and really fast, and everyone is on the lookout for both types of drivers.  Driving isn't categorically worse in Mexico than in the US:  it's just different.

The OP seems to be under the false impression that driving in the US must conform to his preconceived notions of what is "good".  I think the fundamental flaw is that he doesn't have a good understanding of what to expect on the road.  Any aberration from his expectations that he encounters gets labeled as "bad driving", rather than prompting him to adjust his expectations.

Crash_It:  I'll give you a hypothetical scenario to illustrate my point.

Imagine a truck driver whose territory is the mountainous area of Jalisco and Nayarit.  He has extensive experience driving in this area, and it's an everyday occurrence for him to pass a slow-moving vehicle on stretches of road like this, this, or this–on a curvy road with solid center line.  Once every few weeks, he misjudges the passing opportunity, and he can't quite complete the maneuver before an oncoming car ends up in his path.  It just so happens that, one day, that oncoming driver is you.

Ha! you say, that's illegal!  That's dangerous!  He's a bad driver!  He ought to have his license revoked!  I'm sharing footage of this on the internet, and everyone will agree with me.

No, he isn't a bad driver.  He is engaging in perfectly normal behavior for a truck driver in that area.  And local Mexicans, when driving through the hills and curves of those highways, do so with the full expectation that they might have to slow down to accommodate a trucker doing that exact sort of thing.  A local in your situation would merely step on the brakes and slow down enough to allow the trucker to complete his passing maneuver, then continue on his or her way with hardly a thought about it.  Wouldn't say anything to the other passengers, wouldn't even remember it two minutes later.

My wife and I took our honeymoon in that area of Mexico.  We rented a car, and I drove like a Mexican while I was there, to the tune of about 550 miles in five days or so:  I exceeded the speed limit regularly, I passed against a solid yellow line on curves and hills whenever I judged it to be safe enough to do.  And, without fail, we reached our destination exactly when the maps estimated that we should–because the estimates all assumed people would be driving like that.

Ah, but that's Mexico, you say.  Things aren't like that here, you say.  Well no, not exactly, they aren't.  But they are a little bit like that.  Sometimes here in the US people do things that are a little risky, a little chaotic, a little unusual–and it's your job to expect that.  It doesn't necessarily make them bad or dangerous drivers when they do those things, but it does make you a bad driver if you think they never will or never should.
Male pronouns, please.

Crash_It

Quote from: kphoger on November 24, 2020, 11:29:06 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 24, 2020, 10:30:36 AM
The OP hasn't displayed any actual road conditions and driving behavior that is even in the same stratosphere with what can be found in Mexico. 

And I want to dive into this statement a little bit.  Mexican driving behavior isn't inherently inferior to ours just because they're more likely to pass with oncoming traffic, drive on the shoulder, go against a red light when cross traffic clears, pull out in front of someone, go 35 mph or 70 mph in a rural 50 mph zone.  Rather, it's simply a different driving culture with different expectations.

It's more acceptable to pass with oncoming traffic there, and oncoming traffic is more ready to expect it and more willing to accommodate it.  It's more acceptable to drive on the shoulder there, even if signs prohibit it on that road, and everybody appreciates slower drivers doing it.  It's more acceptable to go against a red light there, and nobody honks a horn when it happens or shares dashcam footage online later.  It's more acceptable to pull out in front of someone there, and people just slow down or go around when it happens.  It's more acceptable to drive both really slowly and really fast, and everyone is on the lookout for both types of drivers.  Driving isn't categorically worse in Mexico than in the US:  it's just different.

The OP seems to be under the false impression that driving in the US must conform to his preconceived notions of what is "good".  I think the fundamental flaw is that he doesn't have a good understanding of what to expect on the road.  Any aberration from his expectations that he encounters gets labeled as "bad driving", rather than prompting him to adjust his expectations.

Crash_It:  I'll give you a hypothetical scenario to illustrate my point.

Imagine a truck driver whose territory is the mountainous area of Jalisco and Nayarit.  He has extensive experience driving in this area, and it's an everyday occurrence for him to pass a slow-moving vehicle on stretches of road like this, this, or this–on a curvy road with solid center line.  Once every few weeks, he misjudges the passing opportunity, and he can't quite complete the maneuver before an oncoming car ends up in his path.  It just so happens that, one day, that oncoming driver is you.

Ha! you say, that's illegal!  That's dangerous!  He's a bad driver!  He ought to have his license revoked!  I'm sharing footage of this on the internet, and everyone will agree with me.

No, he isn't a bad driver.  He is engaging in perfectly normal behavior for a truck driver in that area.  And local Mexicans, when driving through the hills and curves of those highways, do so with the full expectation that they might have to slow down to accommodate a trucker doing that exact sort of thing.  A local in your situation would merely step on the brakes and slow down enough to allow the trucker to complete his passing maneuver, then continue on his or her way with hardly a thought about it.  Wouldn't say anything to the other passengers, wouldn't even remember it two minutes later.

My wife and I took our honeymoon in that area of Mexico.  We rented a car, and I drove like a Mexican while I was there, to the tune of about 550 miles in five days or so:  I exceeded the speed limit regularly, I passed against a solid yellow line on curves and hills whenever I judged it to be safe enough to do.  And, without fail, we reached our destination exactly when the maps estimated that we should–because the estimates all assumed people would be driving like that.

Ah, but that's Mexico, you say.  Things aren't like that here, you say.  Well no, not exactly, they aren't.  But they are a little bit like that.  Sometimes here in the US people do things that are a little risky, a little chaotic, a little unusual–and it's your job to expect that.  It doesn't necessarily make them bad or dangerous drivers when they do those things, but it does make you a bad driver if you think they never will or never should.

The point I'm trying to make in my videos is that those maneuvers are bad driving in the moment I'ts very possible that during the rest of their drive, they drove good. But , in that point in time they made a bad judgement call and that resulted in a bad driving maneuver in that moment. That's why I renamed my series to Bad Driving from Bad Drivers. Good driving would be simply not doing any of those moves that I show in my videos in that specific snapshot to the point where it would disrupt my momentum or of other traffic (eg, having to slow down or brake to accomodate their lane change) .

jakeroot

Quote from: Crash_It on November 24, 2020, 12:30:03 PM
Good driving would be simply not doing any of those moves that I show in my videos in that specific snapshot to the point where it would disrupt my momentum or of other traffic (eg, having to slow down or brake to [accommodate] their lane change) .

But that's not necessarily the case. There are many reasons where doing something perceived as "bad" is actually necessary and respected by others.

You are confusing things that might be 'appealing' from things that might be 'accepted'. There are many driving behaviors not considered appealing (basically everything in your videos) but which are accepted by most drivers. The driving culture is such that, in the US, risky things that may involve breaking the law are considered acceptable by most drivers because, well, it's just the way things are.

Your videos basically throw American driving culture in the garbage and say "yep, even though no one else cares, I'm going to freak out, honk, flash my lights, etc because I don't like this". You don't have to like the things in your videos, but you have to understand that they are fairly common things that most people don't care about; reacting to them how you do tells us that you are either reacting over-the-top on purpose for your videos, or you don't actually know how driving works in the US.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.