News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

American Truck Simulator

Started by on_wisconsin, January 22, 2016, 10:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Quote from: Scott5114 on July 23, 2023, 07:02:07 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on July 23, 2023, 06:53:37 PM
Do the signs live up to the quality expected from OKDOT? :-D

I saw I-40 signed as I-5 at one point. So...yes.
I wouldn't be too surprised if it somehow included that infamous craIG CountY sign!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Scott5114

Quote from: Henry on July 24, 2023, 09:39:23 PM

I wouldn't be too surprised if it somehow included that infamous craIG CountY sign!

If someone buys this, please let us know if it does.

(I've never played this game, but some minor details in the Oklahoma content make me think that it might collapse "boring" sections of highway into shorter lengths, so county lines may not be acknowledged by it.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

MoiraPrime

I can explain this. I've messed around in the map editor, and essentially the prefabricated sign templates they have can have their text dynamically edited. What the templates say by default is usually dictated by what part of the map they were originally made for. Most of the new signs default to I-5 or I-25 because a lot of them were made for Oregon, Washington, and New Mexico.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: Scott5114 on July 26, 2023, 06:34:38 PM
Quote from: Henry on July 24, 2023, 09:39:23 PM

If someone buys this, please let us know if it does.

Unfortunately the map doesn't extend Northeast enough to potentially include the craIG county sign. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmg7GGCVc8g
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

LilianaUwU

I recently bought ATS (only the base game, I'm too broke currently for the full game), and I'm pretty sure roadgeeks worked on this game.

That's an exact replica (well, minus the airport sign) of a sign salad in Flagstaff:

"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Henry

Quote from: LilianaUwU on August 09, 2023, 02:57:17 PM
I recently bought ATS (only the base game, I'm too broke currently for the full game), and I'm pretty sure roadgeeks worked on this game.

That's an exact replica (well, minus the airport sign) of a sign salad in Flagstaff:

Wow, that's some stunningly accurate details right here! The landscape doesn't quite match, but the signs are done true to form.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

US 89

What's funny is I immediately recognized that as the Flagstaff sign salad and I know exactly where it is. I need to find something else to do with my time...

LilianaUwU

Quote from: US 89 on August 09, 2023, 10:42:29 PM
What's funny is I immediately recognized that as the Flagstaff sign salad and I know exactly where it is. I need to find something else to do with my time...

I mean, yeah, when I passed by that assembly in game I thought "hey, I recognize this!".
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Revive 755

While I have been enjoying ATS and will buy more of the future state releases, I do have some gripes:

• It's missing a few 3dI's.  It would be really nice to be able have the additional routing options such as I-215 around Salt Lake City and I-270 in the Denver area.
  • No flashing yellow arrows.  Where there is a flashing yellow arrow in real life the game will have a three section, all arrow protected only head in which the green arrow takes forever to come back.
  • The railroad crossings could be better.  Four quadrant gate setups are not as common as they are in the game.[/;i]

Henry

Quote from: LilianaUwU on August 09, 2023, 11:14:24 PM
Quote from: US 89 on August 09, 2023, 10:42:29 PM

I mean, yeah, when I passed by that assembly in game I thought "hey, I recognize this!".

TARGET ACQUIRED!!!

This is the intersection of North Humphreys Street and Old Santa Fe. At the actual intersection, the destination signs are now Clearview, which leads me to wonder if the game has any signs with that font on them. TX has a bunch of them, and the game probably will reflect that.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: Revive 755 on August 11, 2023, 11:00:49 PM
While I have been enjoying ATS and will buy more of the future state releases, I do have some gripes:

• It's missing a few 3dI's.  It would be really nice to be able have the additional routing options such as I-215 around Salt Lake City and I-270 in the Denver area.
  • No flashing yellow arrows.  Where there is a flashing yellow arrow in real life the game will have a three section, all arrow protected only head in which the green arrow takes forever to come back.
  • The railroad crossings could be better.  Four quadrant gate setups are not as common as they are in the game.[/;i]

The missing 3dis is due to space constraints. However they are now rebuilding the oldest parts of the map, and I-305 (obviously in-game as US 50) in Sacramento is now in, it wasn't previously. I loved the fact they managed to sneak the non-freeway I-180 in.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

MoiraPrime

Quote from: Revive 755 on August 11, 2023, 11:00:49 PM

I think doghouse style traffic lights were on the planned future additions... and flashing yellow arrows are sorta the new version of those. So maybe some day.

vtk

I don't think the game engine can simulate signals with both permissive and protected left turns.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

bugo

I acquired the game plus the Oklahoma add on. The I-44/US 75 interchange is under construction in the game, and the giant piers for the new interchange are in place. I-44 through Tulsa is only 4 lanes. My old apartments off I-44 and Lewis can sort of be seen in the game. Only some interchanges and highways are drivable in this game. In downtown Tulsa, the left exit from the IDL to the Keystone Expressway only has a US 412 shield, it is missing the US 64 and OK 51 shields. Heading south on US 59 south of Sunset Corner, it starts out as a 4 lane divided highway, narrows to 2 lanes and starts going up Kiamichi Mountain. The highway skips Panama, Shady Point, Poteau, Heavener, the US 59/259/270 junction (the road just turns into US 259). SB US 259 has a climbing lane on Kiamichi Mountain, which it doesn't have in the real world. Three Sticks is prominently featured in the game. I'll report on anything interesting I find.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.