News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Dianne Feinstein Dead At 90

Started by The Ghostbuster, September 29, 2023, 03:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghostbuster

Senator Dianne Feinstein of California died yesterday at the age of 90. Like Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, I believe Senator Feinstein stayed in office too long. When one is getting up there in age (in their 70s or 80s), or their health and mental facilities start to decline, it is time to pass the torch to someone else (preferably someone younger).

rickmastfan67

< Just a quick mod note, keep the policies or politics out of this thread unless it 100% directly relates to roads, and only roads. Don't want to see any Democrat vs Republican policy fights here. >

kendancy66

The only road relarted thing I remember for Senator Feinstein, was a "pie in the sky" proposal for another San Francisco Bay Bridge crossing.

bing101

kkt

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on September 29, 2023, 03:15:52 PM
Senator Dianne Feinstein of California died yesterday at the age of 90. Like Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, I believe Senator Feinstein stayed in office too long. When one is getting up there in age (in their 70s or 80s), or their health and mental facilities start to decline, it is time to pass the torch to someone else (preferably someone younger).

In general, yes, but in Senator Feinstein's case there were excellent reasons for continuing to do her job that are beyond the scope of this thread.

ErmineNotyours

I had already planned a visit to San Francisco before she died.  On the day of the memorial outside City Hall, I attended the Disney Family Museum.  I found the last half of the service on the radio, so I listened to it while hearing the Blue Angels practice directly, and then over the radio.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.