News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Water Parks

Started by roadman65, November 19, 2023, 12:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SectorZ

Quote from: bandit957 on November 20, 2023, 07:54:22 PM
Quote from: KCRoadFan on November 20, 2023, 07:53:04 PM
In Kentucky?

Our closest water parks were in Ohio.

I guess one in northern NH would probably not be your thing then.

webny99

In Kentucky?

Kentucky, Ohio... either way, it's a huge stretch to say there aren't many hot days.

bandit957

Quote from: webny99 on December 03, 2023, 06:03:22 PM
In Kentucky?

Kentucky, Ohio... either way, it's a huge stretch to say there aren't many hot days.

There really aren't.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

webny99

Quote from: bandit957 on December 03, 2023, 06:09:22 PM
Quote from: webny99 on December 03, 2023, 06:03:22 PM
In Kentucky?

There really aren't.

Defining "hot" as above 80 and defining "not many" as a dozen or less, the math doesn't even come close to adding up. There are three months with an average high temp above 80 in both states.

bandit957

Quote from: webny99 on December 03, 2023, 06:19:20 PM
Defining "hot" as above 80 and defining "not many" as a dozen or less, the math doesn't even come close to adding up. There are three months with an average high temp above 80 in both states.

You can't use a water park when it's only 80. The water will be too cold.

It has to be at least 90 and dry.

webny99

Quote from: bandit957 on December 03, 2023, 06:22:35 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bandit957

Quote from: Big John on November 19, 2023, 12:41:28 PM
Wisconsin Dells WI advertises that they are the "Waterpark Capital of the World" as they have several water parks.  The best-known one there is Noah's Ark.  I was there a couple times when I was younger and liked it when I was there.

Since it has to be at least 90 to use a water park (or else the water will be too cold), I'm surprised Wisconsin has that many.

roadman65

Kings Island in Cincy has one. In fact it used to be included in the price of the park admission where you took a train ride between the two.

I don't know if that's the case anymore, but I enjoyed it when I was there.

Hersheypark in Hershey, PA I know had locker rooms in the park so you could change into swim attire to ride the wet water rides. Can't remember if they had a water slide or two within the park.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bandit957

Quote from: roadman65 on December 03, 2023, 10:08:48 PM
Kings Island in Cincy has one. In fact it used to be included in the price of the park admission where you took a train ride between the two.

I don't know if that's the case anymore, but I enjoyed it when I was there.

I don't think I've been to Kings Island since before they had a water park. But since I probably wouldn't go to Kings Island if it was above 90, I probably wouldn't have used the water park anyway.

roadman65

Kings Island I visited twice in 89/90 was when I experienced their water park.

I returned 1994, but can't remember if I went or not during that visit. I do remember the three hour wait to ride a new indoor roller coaster then, that I didn't partake as I felt that was too much time while I rode many other rides instead. Waiting that period would have compromised time to enjoy many other attractions for my short time that particular visit.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

KCRoadFan

Quote from: webny99 on December 03, 2023, 09:11:02 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on December 03, 2023, 06:22:35 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I went to Noah's Ark at the Dells last year and it was around 80. The water didn't feel too cold.

bandit957

Quote from: KCRoadFan on December 04, 2023, 12:36:35 AM
I went to Noah's Ark at the Dells last year and it was around 80. The water didn't feel too cold.

I wouldn't use a lake or a pool unless it's at least 85, and water parks are usually colder.

Rothman

In the low '70s during a visit to San Diego and we're enjoying a pool...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: bandit957 on December 03, 2023, 09:16:44 PM
Since it has to be at least 90 to use a water park (or else the water will be too cold), I'm surprised Wisconsin has that many.

We're a heartier breed up here.
Or the waterparks know to heat their water a tiny bit; especially early in the season. ;)
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

GaryV

Get enough little kids peeing in the water, and it will warm up.  :colorful:

Buck87

Sandusky, Ohio has 4 waterparks:

Outdoor:
Cedar Point Shores (formerly known as Soak City)

Indoor:
Kalahari
Great Wolf Lodge
Castaway Bay (owned by Cedar Fair)

I've been to Soak City/Cedar Point Shores a few times and Kalahari once

I've also been to Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells once and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Arlington, TX once

GaryV

Quote from: Buck87 on December 05, 2023, 10:31:48 AM
Sandusky, Ohio has 4 waterparks:
But isn't Ohio too cold? Maybe some bandit stole them from down south and moved them to Sandusky.

bandit957

How much hot, dry weather does Sandusky even have?

Rothman

Quote from: bandit957 on December 05, 2023, 10:43:04 AM
How much hot, dry weather does Sandusky even have?
Quite a bit.  Best days to go to Cedar Point are when its hot.  Went on a Sunday when it was in the 90s and it was awesome.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

webny99

"Dry" is a relative term, as anywhere near the Great Lakes rarely gets low humidity in the summer.

golden eagle

The last time I visited a water park was in the late 90s, when I took my younger brother to the now-defunct Rapids on the Resevoir just outside of Jackson, MS. It was torn down nearly 20 years for a condo development that has yet to be built.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.