News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

RIP David L. Backlin, "US 71"

Started by hbelkins, April 28, 2023, 03:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Road Hog

The only time I communicated with him on DM, he sent me an image of the old Ozark Frontier Trail logo that used to be on some Arkansas roadways and went away. RIP.

Brandon

Very sad news, and at 63 as well, far too young.  I saw him and talked with him at quite a few roadmeets over the years, and he will be missed by me and the community.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

JoePCool14

Just finding this thread now. Very sad to see. He was clearly a core and beloved member of the road community here and beyond.

May he Rest in Peace, and may his family and friends find peace during this time as well.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

index

I cannot say I interacted with him much, but nonetheless, RIP. One of the most knowledgeable members on this site and in the community.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

ozarkman417

63. That is way too soon. May he rest and peace and God be with his family.

Up until very recently, I was too young to attend road meets. This unfortunately meant that I was never able to see the legend in person.

I pray that he found that perfect pizza up in heaven.

MikieTimT

RIP.  I'll miss the back and forth we had on ARDOT and western Arkansas in general.  He was one of the good ones.

mvak36

RIP. I enjoyed interacting with him on the forums. I'll always remember him for the line: "ARDOT is good about planning for yesterday sometime next week". Gets me every time.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

rickmastfan67

pj3970

RIP...definitely went way too soon, never met him in person, but his knowledge of Arkansas highways was the stuff of legends...he will be dearly missed.

-- US 175 --

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.