AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Poll

Which would you prefer?

Third Crossing
- 9 (47.4%)
Widen the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel
- 10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: The Hampton Roads Third Crossing Project  (Read 93279 times)

cpzilliacus

• Last Login: December 31, 2023, 03:00:12 PM
Re: The Hampton Roads Third Crossing Project
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2019, 03:34:42 PM »

As I recall, the ACoE was questioning the volume of wetlands taken by the project even before McAuliffe became governor.
I think that is correct.  Note that I do not know what the merits of those questioning (presumably Army Corps of Engineers staff, maybe also EPA Region III staff) might have been.

The ACOE concurred with the alternative presented in the FEIS and ROD that FHWA approved in 2011.

Did they concur enough to sign-off on a record of decision?  IIRC, one was never signed for the U.S. 460 improvement project.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Beltway

• Roads to the Future

• Last Login: August 04, 2020, 05:54:39 PM
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2019, 05:38:47 PM »

I think that is correct.  Note that I do not know what the merits of those questioning (presumably Army Corps of Engineers staff, maybe also EPA Region III staff) might have been.
The ACOE concurred with the alternative presented in the FEIS and ROD that FHWA approved in 2011.
Did they concur enough to sign-off on a record of decision?  IIRC, one was never signed for the U.S. 460 improvement project.

ACOE does not sign a ROD.  Just the FHWA Division Administrator.

Not sure if it is online, but I have a pdf document of the ROD, and it was signed by Roberto Fonseca-Martinez in Sept. 2008.  (I was a few years off on the year, FEIS and ROD signed in 2008).
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

cpzilliacus

• Last Login: December 31, 2023, 03:00:12 PM
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2019, 09:02:10 PM »

ACOE does not sign a ROD.  Just the FHWA Division Administrator.

Not sure if it is online, but I have a pdf document of the ROD, and it was signed by Roberto Fonseca-Martinez in Sept. 2008.  (I was a few years off on the year, FEIS and ROD signed in 2008).

The federal resource agencies do not sign it, but I not believe that an ROD will get signed by FHWA if they have significant objection to a given project. 
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.