News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Bolivia-to-Pacific Ocean Tunnel

Started by Grzrd, July 12, 2013, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

The BBC is reporting that three Chilean architects have released plans for a 93 mile tunnel that would be routed under the Chile/Peru border, and then under the Pacific Ocean to an artificial island. The plans include lanes for trucks and cars. The architects do concede that some political challenges would need to be overcome in order for the project to proceed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8049814.stm#map

Brandon

So Bolivia still wants that Pacific Ocean frontage they lost back in 1884 during the War of the PacificThey still have yet to let that be a bygone.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

corco

NE2

(something about llamas and Alanland)
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Brandon on July 12, 2013, 07:14:12 PM
So Bolivia still wants that Pacific Ocean frontage they lost back in 1884 during the War of the PacificThey still have yet to let that be a bygone.

Sage observation.  I also thought that Bolivia was a poor nation, and this looks like, well, an expensive project.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

agentsteel53

it's basically their equivalent of "the South will rise again".

let it go, boys.  you didn't lose that war.  neither did your grandfathers.  their grandfathers did...
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

cpzilliacus

Maybe the Bolivians are counting in greatly increased revenue from the sale of coca leaves and cocaine and related products to fund this?
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

kphoger

Well, easier access to the ports....
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

leroys73

Quote from: cpzilliacus on July 13, 2013, 10:34:22 AM

Sage observation.  I also thought that Bolivia was a poor nation, and this looks like, well, an expensive project.

The US will fund it with money borrowed from China.
'73 Vette, '72 Monte Carlo, ;11 Green with Envy Challenger R/T,Ram, RoyalStarVenture S,USA Honda VTX1300R ridden 49states &11provinces,Driven cars in50 states+DC&21countries,OverseasBrats;IronButt:MileEatersilver,SS1000Gold,SS3000,3xSS2000,18xSS1000, 3TX1000,6BB1500,NPT,LakeSuperiorCircleTour

oscar

Quote from: cpzilliacus on July 15, 2013, 07:27:57 PM
Maybe the Bolivians are counting in greatly increased revenue from the sale of coca leaves and cocaine and related products to fund this?

Don't forget the lithium that Bolivia also exports. 
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.