News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

South Korea is normal on Google Maps?!

Started by TheGrassGuy, December 08, 2021, 09:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGrassGuy

If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

7/8

I'm surprised I don't see any news on this. What a glorious day! :D

vdeane

I'm not sure if it's 100% normal, but it certainly looks pretty normal when browsing.  Note that on zoom level 5 neither South Korea nor Japan show roads even though other countries do.  Japan's roads show up on zoom level 6 (still using their "weird but not as weird as South Korea's was (which might make it weirder)" cartography), but South Korea's don't show up until zoom level 7.  Other than that it's pretty seamless; maybe Google figured out a better way of complying with their restrictions other than to make everything blurry and off-color.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Scott5114

For those of us that don't regularly look up random other countries on Google Maps, what was it like before, and why?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SectorZ

vdeane

I just tried directions, and those are not available still for South Korea (except transit).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

LilianaUwU

I just remembered a meme a fellow forum member posted about Google Maps in South Korea.

Quote from: X99 on November 04, 2020, 12:28:39 PM
I attempted this one a few weeks ago

Does this mean that the roads are no longer orange?
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.