News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New High Mast Lights in Maryland

Started by jcn, January 12, 2017, 08:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcn

For those of you who've driven past the MD 222 interchange on I-95, have any of you noticed how they recently put up new high mast lighting replacing the old ones.  It's a lot brighter there at night now.  The difference is literally night and day.

In addition, has anyone noticed that several of the high mast lights on I-95 in Baltimore are either partially lit or not lit at all at night?  Well, good news is, they plan on replacing the high mast lights there as well.  They should start erecting the new light poles sometime soon. 

What I like about both these high mast light projects is that the lights vary from 2-12 luminaires. 

In addition, the high mast lights at the MD 155 and MD 152 interchanges on I-95 have been taken down as well and were replaced with low level lighting.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: jcn on January 12, 2017, 08:16:33 PM
In addition, the high mast lights at the MD 155 and MD 152 interchanges on I-95 have been taken down as well and were replaced with low level lighting.

Much of the high-mast lighting between I-495 in College Park and the Baltimore City line is inoperable and appears to be in the process of being replaced by LED luminaires mounted on short poles.  The one exception being at MD-200, where high-mast lighting was installed when the interchange there was constructed.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Henry

Quote from: cpzilliacus on January 16, 2017, 01:31:40 PM

Much of the high-mast lighting between I-495 in College Park and the Baltimore City line is inoperable and appears to be in the process of being replaced by LED luminaires mounted on short poles.  The one exception being at MD-200, where high-mast lighting was installed when the interchange there was constructed.
Actually, you are wrong about that. There are also new high-mast lights at the southern I-895 interchange, the only original location in that stretch that never had them until now.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

epzik8

Route 152 is my exit off I-95. I guess I'll have to drive by there at nighttime the next time I can.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Henry on January 18, 2017, 10:18:09 AM
Quote from: cpzilliacus on January 16, 2017, 01:31:40 PM

Actually, you are wrong about that. There are also new high-mast lights at the southern I-895 interchange, the only original location in that stretch that never had them until now.

Which part are you disagreeing with?

I made no absolute assertions, in contrast to your response.  There are at least two new high-mast poles with HPS luminaires at the MD-216 interchange in Howard County - but at one time, when this part of I-95 was new, there was high-mast lighting at all of the interchanges between I-495 and I-695 (you might remember that the half-interchange at I-895 was not even under construction when the  "between the  Beltways" section of I-95 opened). 

I presume it was built under a contract let by MDTA, not SRC/SHA. 
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

jcn

You guys are getting off topic here, I'm talking about the new high mast lights went up at the MD 222 interchange which is by the Susquehanna River and how there will soon be new high mast lights along the part of I-95 that goes through Baltimore City.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: jcn on January 23, 2017, 12:44:22 AM
You guys are getting off topic here, I'm talking about the new high mast lights went up at the MD 222 interchange which is by the Susquehanna River and how there will soon be new high mast lights along the part of I-95 that goes through Baltimore City.

Your topic is high mast lighting in Maryland. How is anyone off topic?

jcn

Quote from: jeffandnicole on January 23, 2017, 03:53:46 AM
Your topic is high mast lighting in Maryland. How is anyone off topic?

I'm sorry Jeff, I should have titled this thread more specifically.  My intent was to specifically discuss the recently completed high mast light project at I-95 and MD-222 and the upcoming high mast light project along I-95 in Baltimore City.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.