News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

69mile or km

Started by wim, June 24, 2010, 05:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wim

hello I am Wim from holland.
I am surfing the internet looking for pictures of roadsigns or signposts with cityname and 69mile or kilometer on it.
I am on sort of match with some people finding as much as possible different citys with 69 mile or km distance.
in holland I found about 5 of those signs hoping to get some help from you all in the USA must be a lot of those signs
or maybee not. I hope so .and hope to hear from you and get a lot of pictures of these signs on this topic.

greetings wim from holland

roadfro

A strange request...  :-/

This is about as close as I can do: US 395 in Reno, Nevada. Exit 69 is Oddie Blvd. On the same sign assembly, the next exit is Interstate 80, which has control cities of Elko and Sacramento listed. 

Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

cu2010

Someone around here's gotta have a picture of Exit 69 on I-75 in Michigan...  :-D
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

agentsteel53

somewhere, I do ...  :sombrero:  we'll see if our Dutch friend understands the subtlety of the humor!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Brandon

Quote from: cu2010 on June 24, 2010, 10:26:59 PM
Someone around here's gotta have a picture of Exit 69 on I-75 in Michigan...  :-D

What, 16 Mile Road?  :sombrero:

/Yes, I know, it's Metropolitan Parkway, er, oh that one, aka Big Beaver Rd.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

wim

sorry exit numbers or road or route numbers do not count
can explain me how to put pictures on .
then I can show some roads signs or signposts from holland or germany, like the ones I am looking for.
You are right I do not understand the humor explane it please

greeting from holland

corco

Mr. Matté

I'd think that being from Holland, you'd rather be looking for 420 signs...

florida

Quote from: Mr. Matté on June 26, 2010, 04:26:13 PM
I'd think that being from Holland, you'd rather be looking for 420 signs...

Maybe they've already finished that and are moving on...?
So many roads...so little time.

Scott5114

You might have some difficulty in finding such a sign. Because signs with "funny" numbers like 69 and 420 are so frequently stolen (a MoDOT guy I talked to once said US-69 shields were the most stolen sign in the state of Missouri), highway departments often adjust them so that such popular numbers aren't on the sign. I remember seeing a picture of a milepost in Wyoming that had "68.9" instead of "69" to avoid such theft. It's also trivial to adjust a distance sign by ±1 mile–who's going to notice?

(It's sort of a shame that "69" has picked up a sexual connotation, because to me, it's a very aesthetic number. There are a few numbers that I just like the sound of. "54" and "78" are other numbers that I find harmonious for no real reason.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

rickmastfan67

Quote from: wim on June 26, 2010, 04:07:11 PM

Alright, here's how you do it.

(Skip this part if you already have an account @ Photobucket or similar website)
0a. Signup for an account at Photobucket.
0b. Upload your image to that site.
< == >
1. Locate the image you want to post in the forums.
2a. In IE: Right click on it and go to Properties and highlight the Address (URL).  Then right click on it and copy.  Now exit the Properties area.
2b. In FF: Locate the image and right click on it.  Select "Copy Image Location".  The image URL is now on your clipboard.
3. Here in the forum, locate the following button () and click it.  Two IMG tags should now have shown up (one has a "/" in front of it).
4.  Paste your URL that you have on the clipboard between the "][".
5.  Then hit post and you're all done. ;)

BigMattFromTexas

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 26, 2010, 07:27:03 PM
I remember seeing a picture of a milepost in Wyoming that had "68.9" instead of "69" to avoid such theft. It's also trivial to adjust a distance sign by ±1 mile–who's going to notice?

If I was gonna steal any sign I think I'd steal that one. Why don't they rename the interstate to I-68.5 or something? Haha :-D
BigMatt

rickmastfan67

Quote from: BigMatt on June 26, 2010, 11:23:59 PM
I remember seeing a picture of a milepost in Wyoming that had "68.9" instead of "69" to avoid such theft. It's also trivial to adjust a distance sign by ±1 mile–who's going to notice?

If I was gonna steal any sign I think I'd steal that one. Why don't they rename the interstate to I-68.5 or something? Haha :-D
BigMatt

There is a 66.6 MM on I-79 NB in WV. LOL.

dfilpus

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on June 26, 2010, 11:27:43 PM
Quote from: BigMatt on June 26, 2010, 11:23:59 PM

BigMatt

There is a 66.6 MM on I-79 NB in WV. LOL.
And on NC-150 in RTP

ctsignguy

And Ohio Route 69 was replaced in 1968 due to the constant theft of the shields (the highway had the misfortune of passing near several college towns)...one ODOT guy i talked to said he and a state-level official were travelling the length of Ohio 69 back in the day...not counting BGS shields in Dayton, they saw only THREE of them the entire route! 

Shortly afterward, Ohio 235 replaced Ohio 69 from I-70 north
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Brandon

Quote from: wim on June 26, 2010, 04:07:11 PM
sorry exit numbers or road or route numbers do not count
then I can show some roads signs or signposts from holland or germany, like the ones I am looking for.
You are right I do not understand the humor explane it please

greeting from holland

Believe me, for what I think you're looking for, Exit 69 on I-75 in Michigan would be perfect.  It's the exit for Big Beaver Road.
Think about it for a minute.  Exit 69, Big Beaver.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

wim

I want to show some signs
I hope you can look on the photobucket page of me
If you have such pictures post them and  I put them on my Photobucket page.
You can see that there are some signs in europe even san jose is present. so there must be more of those
in your country

greeting from holland

http://s828.photobucket.com/home/wimwim

roadfro

I see now. The request is for destination/distance signs where the distance to a city on that sign is 69 miles away.

I don't have pictures of such a situation.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

AZDude

Here is one I took on I-80 in Nebraska.

wim

thanks I have put it on my photobucket with some others I found
Hope to get more

greetings from Holland

http://s828.photobucket.com/home/wimwim

rickmastfan67

Quote from: wim on July 05, 2010, 05:16:02 PM
thanks I have put it on my photobucket with some others I found

Just make sure you ask people before you go adding their pictures to your account.  Some people do not like it if you don't give them credit and mention it's their picture.  Just a little bit of advice.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.