News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2 lane divided freeways

Started by ethanman62187, October 04, 2011, 04:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethanman62187

Some freeways even interstates are like this. This is much rarer than the ones that are undivided. Where is that?  What is the speed limit? 
I like all of this. I like va sr 28 to be an interstate highway.

Alps

The reason they're so rare is that you lose the ability to have either passing zones or room to maneuver in case of emergency. Two-lane divided roads in general are rare, let alone freeways. Yes, in terms of Interstates, you have I-93 in Franconia Notch and I-81 in the Thousand Islands. Here in NJ there's a county road called JFK Parkway that has a short divided two-lane expressway section. The beginning of Shore Pkwy. (leads into Belt Pkwy.) in Brooklyn is also two lanes divided.

ethanman62187

Quote from: Steve on October 05, 2011, 10:22:47 PM
The reason they're so rare is that you lose the ability to have either passing zones or room to maneuver in case of emergency. Two-lane divided roads in general are rare, let alone freeways. Yes, in terms of Interstates, you have I-93 in Franconia Notch and I-81 in the Thousand Islands. Here in NJ there's a county road called JFK Parkway that has a short divided two-lane expressway section. The beginning of Shore Pkwy. (leads into Belt Pkwy.) in Brooklyn is also two lanes divided.

What are the speed limits on all of those roads?
I like all of this. I like va sr 28 to be an interstate highway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.