News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

button copy penna turnpike keystone BGS’ still standing?

Started by Breadman17, November 27, 2021, 10:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breadman17

Are there any of these around today? I've been interested in finding one for a while but no luck. If there is one on the mainline of the turnpike i'll totally visit it on my next trip to philly, but so far I haven't found one. Anyone know of any still standing today?
ASU or bust!!!

Alps

Last one I knew of was on the PA 272/US 222 connector road but is gone now.

Breadman17

Quote from: Alps on November 27, 2021, 04:47:10 PM

Dang, really? I just saw it on your website, I go there all the time to find stuff. You really think there are none left? There are only so many turnpike entrances, but I feel like there's got to be another one out there somewhere... maybe I'm just optimistic though haha
ASU or bust!!!

SteveG1988

Quote from: Breadman17 on November 29, 2021, 12:09:26 AM
Quote from: Alps on November 27, 2021, 04:47:10 PM

Dang, really? I just saw it on your website, I go there all the time to find stuff. You really think there are none left? There are only so many turnpike entrances, but I feel like there's got to be another one out there somewhere... maybe I'm just optimistic though haha

A lot of them have undergone upgrades along with the mainline. For example Carlisle is using new bridges for everything, so it got new signs with the new overpasses. And with the Ez-Pass only conversion you have new signs to tell you about that, so the road signs you desire were probably last seen right before it at the latest.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.