News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com

Started by hm insulators, October 21, 2013, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadsguy

Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

briantroutman

^ That's how I originally read the post. And I thought...shaving in public? Who does that?

abefroman329

Quote from: briantroutman on February 28, 2019, 06:15:33 PM
^ That's how I originally read the post. And I thought...shaving in public? Who does that?
Lots of men shave in public restrooms.

hbelkins

Quote from: noelbotevera on February 27, 2019, 06:06:30 PM
Best fart you've ever had (wouldn't shock me if this exists)

Don't give Tim any ideas.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

vdeane

Quote from: Takumi on February 28, 2019, 10:07:14 AM
Who's had sex and who hasn't? (or really any thread about sex)
I think we actually did have a "favorite sex positions" thread (or something along those lines).

Quote from: Takumi on February 28, 2019, 06:13:03 PM
Quote from: kphoger on February 28, 2019, 01:38:56 PM
POLL:  Pubic shaving
Poll: public shaving
Poll: Public pubic shaving
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Takumi

Quote from: vdeane on February 28, 2019, 08:45:43 PM
I think we actually did have a "favorite sex positions" thread (or something along those lines).
Heh, I forgot about that? How inappropriate would it be if I bumped it because mine has changed? (If it hasn't been locked or removed...)
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

1995hoo

Quote from: briantroutman on February 28, 2019, 06:15:33 PM

I regularly see people shaving (with electric razors) while driving.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Scott5114

Quote from: US71 on February 28, 2019, 09:40:41 AM
It's an old D&D joke

I'm a little surprised that there hasn't ever been D&D thread here, honestly. It's pretty popular right now and I'd think there'd be a decent amount of interest here in a game that lets you create your own cities to run around in...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 01, 2019, 01:43:32 AM
Quote from: US71 on February 28, 2019, 09:40:41 AM
It's an old D&D joke

I'm a little surprised that there hasn't ever been D&D thread here, honestly. It's pretty popular right now and I'd think there'd be a decent amount of interest here in a game that lets you create your own cities to run around in...

Well, I gave it up years ago because I found it Hobbit forming.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

briantroutman

Quote from: abefroman329 on February 28, 2019, 06:34:34 PM
public restrooms

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 28, 2019, 09:13:02 PM
while driving

I suppose those qualify as "public" , but what I was envisioning was something truly out in the open–like on a street corner or in a public park.

MNHighwayMan

• Your favorite euphemism for masturbation
  • North Carolina has submitted a proposal for a true I-99 along the NC-12 corridor
  • Ten reasons why a cactus makes an excellent toothbrush
  • Wisconsin to switch to numbered county routes in 2025
  • That time I farted on the President
  • MnDOT to reduce speed limit on I-35E to 35 mph
  • ZIP code clinching
  • City of Omaha to ban flashing yellow arrows

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

formulanone

Quote from: kkt on October 26, 2013, 12:42:28 AM
Quote from: vtk on October 25, 2013, 10:35:41 PM
Quote from: Sanctimoniously on October 25, 2013, 08:59:19 PM
Airports you've clinched?

How do you clinch an airport? Visit every gate? Take off or land on every runway?  Using every taxiway would be quite unlikely unless you're the pilot and the ground controller cooperative.

Been on every direct scheduled flight from that airport to some other airport at least once?

I know this is over 5 years old, but for a few years, I could say I clinched every commercial airline route out of HSV in 2014, with 9 routes on 4 airlines. That changed as two new airlines appeared, vying for Orlando; I may have to work on that one day. I can also count Albany, Georgia (ABY) and Columbus, Georgia (CSG), since they each have one airline and a single destination. This was back when I lived in Florida.

The last two feel like clinching I-175 and I-375 in St. Petersburg.

MNHighwayMan

Google Maps links now banned in all posts

Topic results in 553 replies, a nasty flame war that gets two people banned, and the thread is ultimately locked with decision to retain policy for inexplicable reasons.

CNGL-Leudimin

[Insert random Pacific island nation] to move East of the Dateline in 2020, adds February 30 to calendar
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

LM117

Quote from: Takumi on February 28, 2019, 09:00:57 PM
Heh, I forgot about that? How inappropriate would it be if I bumped it because mine has changed? (If it hasn't been locked or removed...)

It's locked. :-(

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=21239.0
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

formulanone

Quote from: LM117 on March 08, 2019, 06:52:54 AM
Quote from: Takumi on February 28, 2019, 09:00:57 PM

It's locked. :-(

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=21239.0

...score one for the moderation team.

1995hoo

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on March 08, 2019, 03:38:40 AM
[Insert random Pacific island nation] to move East of the Dateline in 2020, adds February 30 to calendar

Not as far-fetched as it may sound. Kiribati moved to the other side of the Date Line a while back. Their time zones include UTC+13 and UTC+14.

Regarding DST, I was playing with the time entry software at the office and I found that I were to work from 1:00 to 3:00 this Sunday morning, it would credit me with two hours' work (and pay) even though only one hour would elapse. I have no interest in being at work at that time even if I could (can't–the secure server we use will be down for maintenance all weekend), and taking advantage of that strikes me as a good way to get fired.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

abefroman329

Quote from: formulanone on March 01, 2019, 08:13:19 PM
Quote from: kkt on October 26, 2013, 12:42:28 AM
Quote from: vtk on October 25, 2013, 10:35:41 PM
Quote from: Sanctimoniously on October 25, 2013, 08:59:19 PM
Airports you've clinched?

How do you clinch an airport? Visit every gate? Take off or land on every runway?  Using every taxiway would be quite unlikely unless you're the pilot and the ground controller cooperative.

Been on every direct scheduled flight from that airport to some other airport at least once?

I know this is over 5 years old, but for a few years, I could say I clinched every commercial airline route out of HSV in 2014, with 9 routes on 4 airlines. That changed as two new airlines appeared, vying for Orlando; I may have to work on that one day. I can also count Albany, Georgia (ABY) and Columbus, Georgia (CSG), since they each have one airline and a single destination. This was back when I lived in Florida.

The last two feel like clinching I-175 and I-375 in St. Petersburg.
At this moment I think I've "clinched" HOT, having flown DFW-HOT and HOT-DFW.

webny99

formulanone

Wrigley and Adams-Cadbury's Bold New Joint Venture: Minterstates

(Proposed Business Routes to be Called Wintergreenstates)

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.