Any interest in a Quebec City meet next summer?

Started by AsphaltPlanet, October 25, 2013, 12:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

oscar

Maybe next year, with another organizer?

I have wall-to-wall schedule conflicts most of the rest of this summer, but something next year (or even early autumn of this year) could lure me up there if my schedule permits.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

getemngo

Quote from: oscar on July 06, 2014, 06:01:24 PM
Maybe next year, with another organizer?

Paging Dr Frankenstein...

(We do always need more Canadian meets.)
~ Sam from Michigan

Dr Frankenstein

There seems to be a lot of interest in it, so once I'm moved in, I can start work on planning.

I need dates. I'm unavailable in the last two weeks of August and the last weekend of September. The rest seems good, but I'll have to re-check my calendar.

What are everyone else's availabilities?

oscar

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on July 07, 2014, 01:48:25 PM
I need dates. I'm unavailable in the last two weeks of August and the last weekend of September. The rest seems good, but I'll have to re-check my calendar.

My availability is pretty limited for both August and September.  The weekends in August you're free, I won't be, except if I stretch really, really hard Saturday, August 9 (day only, not the evening  nor the next day) might work. I'm on the hook to host a non-road event one of the first two September weekends you're free. I'm most likely to be available the third full weekend of September (Sept. 20-21).  I suggest planning without me, and we'll see if your chosen date ends up working for me. 

Janko Dialnice

If any of you are willing to do something in the late spring of next year, I am willing to organize it, or help someone with it.

vdeane

The only known conflict for me is Labor Day, but Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving would be better for me since it would be less time off.  Right now, it's just my five personal days.  I'm not positive over whether I'd try to swing it or not; it would definitely push off my potential NYC/Long Island trip.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Duke87

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on July 07, 2014, 01:48:25 PM
What are everyone else's availabilities?

I am unavailable the weekends of 8/2, 8/9, 8/16, and 8/23. Anything else is fair game at this point.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

mtantillo

My weekends are pretty open right now, but it would be nice to have a few weeks notice on this one, since due to distance, it will require some time off from work.

Dr Frankenstein

Are we agreeing on sometime in mid-September? 6, 13 and 20 are open. I can also go into October if needed. Past that, it might get cold and we'll have less daylight.

mtantillo

Duke87

Quote from: mtantillo on July 09, 2014, 11:21:30 PM
September would be ideal for me.

Likewise. I will be hosting a meet in CT in October and it is best they not be adjacent.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

froggie

Of potential interest:  fall colors usually peak near the end of September.

mtantillo

Quote from: froggie on July 10, 2014, 07:39:36 AM

Also of note, accomodation prices usually peak with the colors.

oscar

Quote from: mtantillo on July 10, 2014, 12:01:42 PM
Quote from: froggie on July 10, 2014, 07:39:36 AM

Also of note, accomodation prices usually peak with the colors.

Good point.  I could do without the colors.

jpi

I will be in central Pennsylvania around the weekend of September 20/21 for a BIG toy show in Hershey, PA, unlike last year when I tied this same trip in with the Tom Tom road meet in NH I am focusing souly on this venue so no matter what I cannot make it to Quebec, would love to, been 12 years since I was in Canada but I am sure at some point down the road I will be up for a meet bnorth of the border. Have fun guys! :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

vdeane

I can do any of those three days but the 13th and 20th are preferred.  The 6th is quite close to Labor Day.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

froggie

QuoteAlso of note, accomodation prices usually peak with the colors.

In some hotels, yes.  But I mentioned it because viewing fall colors has been an item of interest in road meets of the past (and has also been suggested for Duke87's Connecticut meet).

froggie

Just had a conflict come up on the 27th (big event at the college that weekend), but don't schedule it just based on me.

froggie

Carl:  anything new on this?  My fall weekends are starting to fill up and I'd like to coordinate carpooling/accommodations with a couple folks.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.