News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2016 Meets

Started by TheHighwayMan3561, January 29, 2015, 02:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Brandon on September 10, 2015, 03:51:23 PM
The North Illinois meet has morphed into a South Bend/Elkhart, Indiana meet.

Sweet! That significantly increases the likelihood that I will attend.

Quote from: Brandon on September 10, 2015, 03:51:23 PM
I figure May/June should be a good time, as long as I can avoid being at the same times as the Duluth and Birmingham meets.

The Duluth meet has already been set for July 30-31. The conflict I'm worried about is the Corridor H meet. I think Patrick is considering June for that meet (I could be wrong though).
-A.J. from Michigan

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: rawmustard on September 10, 2015, 04:21:44 PM
I should probably get around and dust off my plans for the US-131 bypass meet (with a couple prominent St. Joseph County bridges thrown in for good measure). It may complement the things going on in Elkhart/South Bend.

I don't know that I would attend a US-131 bypass meet on its own (because I've already seen that a couple times now), but if it is combined with Brandon's South Bend/Elkhart meet I'd probably be there.

Quote from: rawmustard on September 10, 2015, 04:21:44 PM
There's also been murmuring of a Battle Creek meet, and I know just the venue where I want to have that (one of the co-owners was a former over-the-road truck driver who has a passing interest in roads).

Cool! I'm sure I can easily attend a Battle Creek meet as long as there's no scheduling conflicts. When are you thinking of hosting this?
-A.J. from Michigan

codyg1985

I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to combine the US 131 bypass of Constantine with the Elkart/South Bend stuff, but it depends on what other things are going to be covered.

As for the Birmingham meet, I am looking to do it in the fall. I also may try and add the construction on the Birmingham Northern Beltline as a stop along the meet tour.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

cpzilliacus

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on September 10, 2015, 07:01:12 PM
The Duluth meet has already been set for July 30-31. The conflict I'm worried about is the Corridor H meet. I think Patrick is considering June for that meet (I could be wrong though).

I am considering the weekend of Memorial Day, 2016, which would mean the meet would be Saturday, 28 May; and Sunday, 29 May.

This is a strawman pair of dates at this point - at the end of May, decent weather is likely, and it should not be terribly cold, even at the higher elevations (by Appalachian standards) along the Eastern Continental Divide (which according to my current plans would be crossed 6 times over the course of the two days).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

codyg1985

I am interested in the Toronto meet, but who is hosting it? I haven't found anything else about the meet other than the OP showing the date of it.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

jpi

Here some more info on the "corner stone" of my propesed Central PA road meet sometime in April 2016-

I-83 Mt Rose Ave Interchange timeline

The timeline

Moore broke down the project by each year. The work listed is expected to be pretty much finished each year so that crews can move on to the next stage.

Here is the schedule:

2015: I-83 will be widened. Crews will widen Haines and Camp Betty Washington roads, construct the new northbound exit ramp, the new southbound on-ramp and a new township road to access the York Water Company and the Prospect Commerce Center. The work will include three new bridges, three culvert extensions, two sound barriers and one sign structure.

2016: I-83 will be reconstructed in stages, except for under Mount Rose Avenue. Crews will rebuild the southern portion of Mount Rose Avenue, the new northbound on ramp, and the new southbound exit loop ramp. Crews will work on four new bridges, but some will have to be finished the following year. They also will work on one culvert extension.

2017: I-83 will be reconstructed under Mount Rose Avenue. Crews will finish reconstruction of Mount Rose Avenue and both existing ramps north of the avenue. They will finish three bridges and put up a sign structure.

2018: Final work will be done, including paving on I-83, putting up signs, marking the pavement and signal operations. The whole project is expected to be completed in June 2018.

As mentioned before I will have a choice of 2 saturday's coming up around the week after Thanksgiving, I will post a poll on what date works best and choose that one. I already have a few restaurant options in mind for lunch, my biggest choice being Round the Clock Diner at the exit of US 30 and I-83 just 3 miles north of the Mt Rose AVE exit.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

kharvey10

St. Louis has been narrowed down to a time window between May and July, depending on hotel room availability (the hotels in that one town we stayed at in 2014 are already booked up at least two weekends during that time frame) and how the other meets get scheduled out.  It may be a multi-day meet this time around with one day dedicated to Route 66 in the area.  The St Louis Roads Facebook group has a planning meeting tentatively scheduled the evening of November 1. (Couldn't be held earlier that weekend due to Route 66 related scheduling conflict that some of our members are involved in http://thetelegraph.com/news/71933/miles-of-possibility - and Halloween falls on a Saturday)

Latest update: looking at second weekend in July 2016, awaiting confirmation of a toy show convention date tentatively planned for that month before setting things in stone.  We plan on having a date confirmed in December.

kharvey10

One of the group members as I said is heavily involved in Route 66, and they have set their date for the Gasconade Bridge rally for April 23 https://www.facebook.com/events/1011908765537937/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.