2013 Brick/Wall NJ meet - dates poll

Started by Alps, April 17, 2013, 05:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which date(s) would you be able to attend the meet?

June 29
11 (57.9%)
July 27
9 (47.4%)
August 10
9 (47.4%)
August 24
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 16, 2013, 05:00:00 PM

Alps

Brick, NJ shares a border with Wall, NJ. This meet will visit both towns and more with Parkway interchange construction (adding and reconstructing ramps at Exits 88 and 89), drawbridges old and new, and the NJ 18 freeway stub. The meet will culminate with a Lakewood BlueClaws minor league baseball game at 7 PM, just 5 minutes from the meet location (Quaker Steak and Lube in Brick). So please let me know which dates interest you! Here are the baseball promotions on the four nights:

June 29 = fire truck display and water show
July 27 = Bruce Springsteen night (playing his music all night, they'll prove it all night, yeah)
August 10 = fireworks night and Irish night (Irish music played)
August 24 = free BlueClaws hat to first 2,000 fans

yanksfan6129

I would go to any of those dates that is not August 24th.

Compulov

Great choice of QSL as the meet location. I'm just waiting to hear back from my significant other to find out if there's anything not on my calendar for those dates.

Edit: Okay, looks like 7/27 doesn't work for us, but we're in for the other dates. All those promotions are... well... typical baseball promotions, so we have no preference.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jwolfer

Quote from: NE2 on April 17, 2013, 05:37:06 PM
hehehe brick wall
:banghead:

When my Mom and Dad first moved to NJ in 1969 from Jacksonville to my Dad's hometown of Pt Pleasant Beach she thought it was funny being surrounded by Brick and Wall.

Compulov

Quote from: jwolfer on April 17, 2013, 06:04:35 PM
When my Mom and Dad first moved to NJ in 1969 from Jacksonville to my Dad's hometown of Pt Pleasant Beach she thought it was funny being surrounded by Brick and Wall.

I grew up in Lakewood and it was only *today* that I realized how funny it is to have towns nearby named Brick and Wall.

Roadgeek Adam

Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

vdeane

I'll know more once the family picnic is scheduled.  June/July is usually the timeframe for that.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Duke87

Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on April 17, 2013, 07:31:59 PM
First two dates are my preference.

Likewise. I may be going down to Florida for a week (and thus two weekends) in August.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

jpi

8/24 is a better date with me, I may be able to break away to central PA for a couple days around that time.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

I voted for both June 29 and August 10, but realistically only the June date works for me. I will have been in Louisville for three days and two nights early in that week in August, so it would be only a brief turnaround before I would have to leave home again. The other two dates are completely out of the question, as I will be home taking care of the furbabies while my wife is out chasing Depeche Mode across the country.

If I am able to attend the road portion of the meet, I won't be doing the ballgame.

But as I've said before, don't let the availability of someone from several states away play a huge role in what date is selected.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

PHLBOS

Right off the bat, either June 29 or August 10 24 would work for me; July 27 is automatically out and August 24 10 is still unknown.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Dr Frankenstein

Free at all dates until proven otherwise.

civilmaher

Everything, except June 29th would work for me.
Opinions represent mine and no other organization that I am associated with.

SSOWorld

Any date would work for me - if I had the $$$.

Quote from: NE2 on April 17, 2013, 05:37:06 PM
hehehe brick wall
:banghead:

Indeed the $$$ makes me run into a brick wall. :banghead:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

akotchi

No preference for me.  This would be a good excuse to get to an area I normally don't get to, even though I have projects over there . . .
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

Alps

Has everyone who commented, voted? Statistical dead heat so far.

hbelkins

I changed my vote to the June option only, although that didn't break the current first-place tie.

vdeane

I can't really tell until after June 4, but will all these meets looking at June, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to attend all or even any so close to my move, especially since they're all just barely out of day trip range of Rome, and I won't have enough savings built up to be comfortable getting a hotel.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

baugh17

The Binghamton meet is currently scheduled for August 10.

corco

As I look at this, if it's July 27th (or either of the dates in August, I guess) I may try to make it. It'll depend on whether I have the new car by then and what other meets that might be better logistically show up between now and then (I do want to make a meet this year) but I could take the July 24-August 4 off and only use 7 vacation days- hustle out there and then take a leisurely, entirely off interstate drive back (I get 15 days a year and can't use any of them until July 7th, so I'll have more than enough accrued by then). That would be fun- thinking something like:

July 23 after work- Sheridan WY
July 24- Waterloo IA
July 25- Mansfield OH
July 26- somewhere west of Philly
July 27- Brick/Wall
July 28- somewhere in northern Pennsylvania
July 29- somewhere around Washington
July 30- Lancaster or Columbus OH
July 31- Cincinnati (using the day to see family in Ohio)
Aug 1- KC
Aug 2- Pierre
Aug 3- Deer Lodge

generally follow US 20 to Chicago, US 30 east of there, then US 50 back to Kansas City, US 75 up to SD, then US 14 back towards Wyoming with some substantial detours

But as with Elkins, obviously don't plan around me because "I may try to make it" means like 40% chance (I do know I'm taking a massive roadtrip at some point in July/August but it might not be as massive as this one and I don't know where I'm going)- this general template could work for any northeast roadmeet in the future.

I guess I'm more thinking out loud here...carry on.

hbelkins

Quote from: baugh17 on April 20, 2013, 08:49:35 PM

I thought Dylan had a Facebook page up about it, but I can't find that page now.

vdeane

Seems to be gone.  Hope the meet hasn't been cancelled.  It's the only one I have > 80% chance of attending this year.  All others are less than 50% right now.

hbelkins

Could be where he eliminated a redundant FB account recently.

Alps

Quote from: baugh17 on April 20, 2013, 08:49:35 PM
That date's losing right now, so hopefully a non-issue. People seem to be either fire truck fans or hat fans.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.