News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-490 (Western O'Hare Bypass)

Started by JoePCool14, December 02, 2019, 03:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiMilNet

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 14, 2021, 05:59:39 PM
Quote from: US20IL64 on September 14, 2021, 05:30:28 PM
https://www.eisenhowerexpressway.com/
Check here, funding is held up.

Regarding Oak Park, it was a resident who commented in Trib, "don't want to make it easier for people in Naperville to drive to Loop." And one wanted to "landmark" the left hand ramps, to keep 290 narrow. But, if their City gov't is helping, good for them.

As a former Oak Park resident, that comment doesn't surprise me one bit.

In my opinion, give Oak Park two choices, either allow the widening and fixing the ramps to make them conventional or tell Oak Park they will be removed to allow for widening and no replacement ramps built. If they don't want to play nice, skip over their city!

Rick Powell

Quote from: ChiMilNet on September 14, 2021, 08:26:44 PM
In my opinion, give Oak Park two choices, either allow the widening and fixing the ramps to make them conventional or tell Oak Park they will be removed to allow for widening and no replacement ramps built. If they don't want to play nice, skip over their city!
Again, Oak Park has a
Quote from: ChiMilNet on September 14, 2021, 08:26:44 PM
Quote from: cabiness42 on September 14, 2021, 05:59:39 PM
Quote from: US20IL64 on September 14, 2021, 05:30:28 PM
https://www.eisenhowerexpressway.com/
Check here, funding is held up.

Regarding Oak Park, it was a resident who commented in Trib, "don't want to make it easier for people in Naperville to drive to Loop." And one wanted to "landmark" the left hand ramps, to keep 290 narrow. But, if their City gov't is helping, good for them.

As a former Oak Park resident, that comment doesn't surprise me one bit.

As I stated  before, the village government is on board with the replacement of the left hand ramps with right hand ramps, as well as the other currently planned improvements. A lot of the hard opposition within the village government went away when the current mayor got in. He is not running for re-election, so who knows what the future brings. One key factor is that there are some issues with village maintenance of the bridges across 290 from the original construction and agreements that are becoming expensive to fix, and the village would like to get them rebuilt.

US20IL64

Learned that what I called "X Interchange" is actually SPUI. So put more of them in our area. I-55 [Stevie X-Way] at Central Av is one example.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.