Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-57 Approved

<< < (220/220)

Bobby5280:
When is that awful crap between Exits 9 and 11 (Jacksonville) going to get re-done? US-67 is 3x3 and relatively new both North and South of that very deficient stretch of highway.

Great Lakes Roads:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on November 16, 2023, 02:26:52 PM ---When is that awful crap between Exits 9 and 11 (Jacksonville) going to get re-done? US-67 is 3x3 and relatively new both North and South of that very deficient stretch of highway.

--- End quote ---

ARDOT is currently reconstructing the stretch between exits 9-11 (frontage roads are currently being rebuilt)... completion date: late 2027- early 2028.

The Ghostbuster:
That segment of the US 67/167 freeway had some ridiculously short exit and entrance ramps, the worst being Exit 10A northbound. This reconstruction project was badly needed, even without converting the corridor into Interstate 57.

Bobby5280:
There is Google Street View imagery of that location from March of this year. It didn't look like any construction had started at all on it. The upgrade project is long overdue. It's one of the last segments holding the highway back from being signed as I-57.

abqtraveler:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on November 16, 2023, 06:06:24 PM ---There is Google Street View imagery of that location from March of this year. It didn't look like any construction had started at all on it. The upgrade project is long overdue. It's one of the last segments holding the highway back from being signed as I-57.

--- End quote ---
They were just starting the reconstruction of US-67/167 through Jacksonville in March of this year. The official groundbreaking was in April, so I would suspect in March the contractor was busy mobilizing its workforce and performing pre-construction activities (e.g., setting up field office trailers, surveying and staking, utility relocations, etc.). 

Construction is now well underway with traffic shifted into temporary patterns on both the mainline and the frontage roads.  ArDOT has several live traffic cameras in the construction zone, which offers a real-time view of the progress on that stretch.

https://idrivearkansas.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version