News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Florida

Started by FLRoads, January 21, 2009, 12:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Dey65

Quote from: ElishaGOtis on April 23, 2024, 01:59:57 PM
Quote from: D-Dey65 on April 22, 2024, 03:19:56 PM
Quote from: NE2 on April 04, 2024, 01:35:00 PM
Quote from: formulanone on April 04, 2024, 08:47:03 AMThis is the first reference to SR 516 that I've seen...is it part of a proposed beltway for Clermont or just a connector between US 27 and SR 429? Seems to be a puzzling location for now.
Just a connector. US 27 has gone to shit and there are no good connections to 429 between 192 and 50.
This is why US 27 should be upgraded into a limited-access highway at least between US 192 and 50, instead of building all the other crap they're building around there. I'd almost consider extending the upgrade to I-4.

IMHO, if anything is in need of an upgrade, it's US-27 south of I-4 and north of the new Toll 516 connector. It appears that your proposal would do a similar job to what 516, 429, and I-4 express will do, provided that they work properly in tandem. What do you think? :hmmm:
That wouldn't be such a bad idea either, although I'm not sure how far south the upgrade should go. I'd be willing to consider as far south as SR 60. South of that, while there's certainly some suburban sprawl, I'm not sure the traffic gets bad enough to require turning the road into a limited-access highway.

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.