News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Oklahoma Pike Pass Interoperability - Late 2018

Started by Bobby5280, November 30, 2018, 05:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby5280

It looks like the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority's Pike Pass tags now have interoperability with Fort Bend County Toll Road Authority roads in Texas. Those toll roads include the Fort Bend Parkway, Grand Parkway and Westpark Tollway. I saw this via an online article at the Tulsa World's web site.

The same article says Pike Pass has interoperability with four roads in the Austin area operated by Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority. That's news to me. The article wasn't specific which roads were included. It also says HCTRA toll roads may be added shortly after Jan 1, 2019.

Strangely there are no press releases or anything else about it at the Pike Pass web site. They do have a slide show slide on their home page mentioning EZ Tag and TxTag will be added in the future.

J N Winkler

Is there any explanation of why interoperability for PikePass is being introduced so late, and in such a piecemeal fashion, when OTA is a signatory to the same interoperability agreement that effectively gave K-Tag holders full access to all electronic toll roads in Texas?
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

rte66man

Quote from: Bobby5280 on November 30, 2018, 05:16:23 PM
It looks like the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority's Pike Pass tags now have interoperability with Fort Bend County Toll Road Authority roads in Texas. Those toll roads include the Fort Bend Parkway, Grand Parkway and Westpark Tollway. I saw this via an online article at the Tulsa World's web site.

The same article says Pike Pass has interoperability with four roads in the Austin area operated by Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority. That's news to me. The article wasn't specific which roads were included. It also says HCTRA toll roads may be added shortly after Jan 1, 2019.

When I was in Austin last month, my PikePass did not work on either the MoPac express lanes or TX130
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bmorrill

TxTag and PikePass were supposed to have become interoperable a couple of years ago, but the project seems to have died a quiet death.  :confused: Once NTTA and OTA reached their separate agreement on interoperability, I cancelled both my TxTag and PikePass accounts and picked up an NTTA TollTag. It works everywhere I go.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.