News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Traffic Problems Game!

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, January 10, 2018, 03:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Traffic Problems is an image-based game where a user posts a problematic intersection within their area or through recollection and we work to improve it through renderings (image or otherwise)!

I will start:
S Zero St & US 271

There is confusion at this intersection regarding left turns, due to there being an option lane. I would convert the left turn into a committed left and allow for a right option lane [OR: widen the northern side to three lanes with a thru lane, committed left and right+opt turns]. With PLT 5 section facing north.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

kphoger

So, basically, it's this thread?
Or is there some subtle difference?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Darn, I only did a search for threads of similar names to this one... ☹️

I was thinking about a more visually based game, but if there's already a thread I'll let it be... Damn

iPhone

paulthemapguy

That is the dumbest worst intersection I have ever seen.  There has to be a "worst of" thread for roads in general because holy christ!!
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Brian556

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on January 10, 2018, 03:43:58 PM
Traffic Problems is an image-based game where a user posts a problematic intersection within their area or through recollection and we work to improve it through renderings (image or otherwise)!

I will start:
S Zero St & US 271

There is confusion at this intersection regarding left turns, due to there being an option lane. I would convert the left turn into a committed left and allow for a right option lane [OR: widen the northern side to three lanes with a thru lane, committed left and right+opt turns]. With PLT 5 section facing north.

The yield sign conflicting with the signal. Really?

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: Brian556 on January 11, 2018, 09:54:40 AM

I will start:
S Zero St & US 271

The yield sign conflicting with the signal. Really?
That Yield must be a safe-guard for people turning right to not just dart out into traffic.

There already seems to be a thread for intersections though. :(

Amtrakprod

I will start:
S Zero St & US 271

I think what we need for this intersection is new signals, Get a flashing yellow arrow in here and the cantilever facing south needs to be longer. Also yellow reflective borders, so the cantilever would look like this: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.364611,-71.17604,3a,15y,93.82h,99.15t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6OOa0pScLX7BbqchfzIV7Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

And on the side streets it would have right turn signals like this:https://www.google.com/maps/@42.2818346,-71.4152708,3a,15y,219.67h,96.59t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s16qu9LJvmL8ekzyG2fpiOA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Roadgeek, railfan, and crossing signal fan. From Massachusetts, and in high school. Youtube is my website link. Loves FYAs signals. Interest in Bicycle Infrastructure. Owns one Leotech Pedestrian Signal, and a Safetran Type 1 E bell.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.