News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The many shields of Webster Parish, LA

Started by cjk374, September 05, 2018, 08:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjk374

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmn6fw8b

I went out today to see how many different parish route shield styles I could photograph in Webster Parish. They have several in the field spanning a few decades. I am still looking for the green square that I know I have seen somewhere.

Are there other parishes/counties that seem to never settle on a standard shield design?
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

formulanone

That's uh...quite the variety. I like how they mocked up a letter D (?) on short notice with a 1 and 0.

SAM_1785 by Jess Kilgore, on Flickr

jbnv

Not to hijack your thread, but I found a bunch of pentagons in Bienville Parish as well.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

cjk374

Quote from: jbnv on September 06, 2018, 10:51:52 AM
Not to hijack your thread, but I found a bunch of pentagons in Bienville Parish as well.

Bienville also uses both name & number for their roads as well. They even put the road number on the street blade. So far as I can tell, all of Bienville's parish route shields all have the same standard look.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.