News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Mets Legend Tom Seaver dies at 75

Started by kevinb1994, September 02, 2020, 08:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

He was the best of the Mets, at a time when they were doing all that they could to get by.

thspfc

Henry

My father still remembers that ugly ending to the '69 season when the Cubs had one of their epic collapses, allowing the upstart Mets to take the first-ever NL East title. Since then, he's hated them with a passion, even more than the Cardinals (Chicago's traditional rival).

RIP Tom Seaver (perhaps the best pitcher the Mets ever had)
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

amroad17

I had written about Tom Seaver in the Baseball thread, not looking in advance of a thread that may have been dedicated to him.

As I wrote in the other thread: Long remember "The Franchise"!  Long remember "Tom Terrific"!  Long remember #41!
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.