News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

__________ is/are overrated.

Started by kphoger, April 28, 2022, 10:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skluth

triplemultiplex

Quote from: skluth on April 28, 2022, 02:27:53 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on April 28, 2022, 10:43:40 AM
Pumpkin Spice Lattes
FTFY

Pumpkin pie begs to differ.  It would be just a bunch of mashed up squash without pumpkin spice.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

I-55

Pumpkin Spice Lattes
FTFY

Seasonally flavored drinks in general. I can get around hot vs cold drinks in winter and summer but not delegating certain flavors to different months.
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

MATraveler128

Fidget spinners and those rubber pop things or whatever they're called. I'm sorry, but I just don't get the hype.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

Bruce

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

kphoger

Agree or disagree:  Job security is overrated.

It seems to me that 'job security' is a classic response to a variety of annoying job-related things–especially a constant workload that seems overwhelming, but also nobody else at your work knowing how to do what you do.  I've often thought that 'job security' is small compensation for something that causes you stress.  And yet one big reasons I still work where I do and haven't looked elsewhere is that I have 'job security' here.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on April 28, 2022, 04:21:01 PM

It seems to me that 'job security' is a classic response to a variety of annoying job-related things–especially a constant workload that seems overwhelming, but also nobody else at your work knowing how to do what you do.  I've often thought that 'job security' is small compensation for something that causes you stress.  And yet one big reasons I still work where I do and haven't looked elsewhere is that I have 'job security' here.

Depends, considering I make an additional 7% with my benefit contributing matchings and I have a reliable pension it makes a lot of the BS I deal with worth it.  When those things didn't exist in past employment I would jump ship with far greater frequency despite being a tenured.

hotdogPi

Facebook.
Disney World. You're paying hundreds per day for an artificial experience.
Any singer or band who started after 2000.
Starbucks.
Twilight (the book, not actual twilight).
My Little Pony.
Chick-fil-A.
Pickup trucks.
Wrestling and boxing. The former is entirely fake, and for the latter, who wants to watch people get hurt?
Four-way stops, by people outside this forum.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on April 28, 2022, 04:21:01 PM

If you have job security, it probably means your coworkers do too–even the ones that make more work for everyone else because they're incompetent.

CoreySamson

- Basketball
- Cheesecake Factory
- Bacon on hamburgers
- Movies and TV shows in general
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1 on April 28, 2022, 04:26:58 PM
Facebook.
Disney World. You're paying hundreds per day for an artificial experience.
Starbucks.
Twilight (the book, not actual twilight).
My Little Pony.
Chick-fil-A.
Pickup trucks.
Wrestling and boxing. The former is entirely fake, and for the latter, who wants to watch people get hurt?
Four-way stops, by people outside this forum.

Boxing used to be pretty fantastic back in the 1980s.  I would venture a guess that a lot of people who watch sports in general find an appeal to potential injury.  It certainly was an attraction with crowds in auto racing and hockey.

Scott5114

Quote from: 1 on April 28, 2022, 04:26:58 PM

Elderly! Elderly!!

kphoger

Voting.

So often, "get out there and vote" is touted as the ultimate path to change society–when in fact, there are likely a couple of other paths a person could pursue instead that would have more real impact.
Male pronouns, please.

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: snowc on April 28, 2022, 11:32:56 AM
Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on April 28, 2022, 11:17:49 AM
Satellite internet.
I dont do satellite because of them being slow.
I do cable internet. Its faster.
the price i pay for living in the mountains
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on April 28, 2022, 04:52:43 PM
Voting.

So often, "get out there and vote" is touted as the ultimate path to change society–when in fact, there are likely a couple of other paths a person could pursue instead that would have more real impact.

This, almost a total waste of time except for things like ballot propositions I've found. 

abefroman329

Quote from: CoreySamson on April 28, 2022, 04:27:34 PM- Bacon on hamburgers
Agreed.  Bacon and cheese and a fried egg on a hamburger, on the other hand, is heavenly.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: abefroman329 on April 28, 2022, 04:57:30 PM
Quote from: CoreySamson on April 28, 2022, 04:27:34 PM- Bacon on hamburgers
Agreed.  Bacon and cheese and a fried egg on a hamburger, on the other hand, is heavenly.

I've spent years trying to convince my wife to no avail that eggs are a fantastic compliment on all forms of sandwiches.

skluth

Quote from: triplemultiplex on April 28, 2022, 03:04:11 PM
Pumpkin Spice Lattes
FTFY

Pumpkin pie begs to differ.  It would be just a bunch of mashed up squash without pumpkin spice.

I've made plenty of pumpkin pies from scratch in my lifetime. Every pumpkin pie recipe I've used called for mostly cinnamon with some combo of cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and/or allspice for spices. Not one called for "pumpkin spice." Pumpkin spice does not exist in nature; it's just a marketing gimmick though I'm sure Durkee's or someone else has a premixed version in the spice aisle.

My Navy chief on Midway loved cinnamon in his coffee so we added it to the coffee in the filter basket to brew. This was the early 80s so nobody called it pumpkin spice. It was just coffee with cinnamon. It wasn't a seasonal thing.

skluth

Voting.

Anybody who has ever been denied the right to vote will disagree.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: skluth on April 28, 2022, 05:16:00 PM
Voting.

Anybody who has ever been denied the right to vote will disagree.

The Electoral College makes individual voting in Presidential Elections basically worthless.

Scott5114

Voting.

Eh, it sort of depends on where you live. Oklahoma has batshit insane politics, but also, only something like 10% of the people vote. If we could get the other 90% of people to vote, we might actually be able to chase out the crazies and end up with a functional state government. If not, at least we'd know that's truly the government that Oklahoma wants.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.