News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Idiotic driver stories

Started by Hurricane Rex, April 06, 2019, 11:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane Rex

Self-explanatory

Post any story  you wish.

I was headed up to timberline lodge to ski, and we were all stopped from an accident and many drivers tried to cut in line. A lot of prius' that shouldn't be up there. Most of the cars who tried to cut in line slipped. Karma sucks. Except it provided more delays.

SM-J737T

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

webny99

Basically, you could find one or two in every major thread.
And one or two, or more, told by every major forum user.

So, time will tell if we need a dedicated thread.  :D

TheHighwayMan3561

A few summers ago. A lot of times you see something idiotic and go "where's a cop when you need one?"

I was headed east on I-94/694 near the Brooklyn Center split, probably headed to downtown Minneapolis though I don't remember the reason. Afternoon rush, so traffic not going anywhere fast. I had noted a cop a couple lanes over, whatever. A couple cars ahead of me a Suburban abruptly and dangerously cut someone off moving into my lane. The cop saw and nailed them. It was satisfying.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

abefroman329

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on April 07, 2019, 05:24:03 PM
A few summers ago. A lot of times you see something idiotic and go "where's a cop when you need one?"

I was headed east on I-94/694 near the Brooklyn Center split, probably headed to downtown Minneapolis though I don't remember the reason. Afternoon rush, so traffic not going anywhere fast. I had noted a cop a couple lanes over, whatever. A couple cars ahead of me a Suburban abruptly and dangerously cut someone off moving into my lane. The cop saw and nailed them. It was satisfying.
Moments like that one really are the best.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: abefroman329 on April 08, 2019, 09:26:46 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on April 07, 2019, 05:24:03 PM

Moments like that one really are the best.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConvenientCop/

A collection of mostly dashcam videos of this principle in action.

SoCal Kid

Driving on the I-405 North (Los Angeles). A slow guy on the carpool lane with an Infiniti behind it. As my parents pass the Infiniti, the Infiniti suddenly cuts us off to pass the slow carpool lane guy. Barely missed us. The Infiniti then just dashes off like a maniac. Whats with luxury cars and people acting like dicks on the road? Smh
Are spurs of spurs of spurs of loops of spurs of loops a thing? ;)

Max Rockatansky

I was a stop sign this morning behind a bus.  The bus driver didn't take the turn wide enough and began backing up without looking. Had I not thrown the car in reverse I would have been hit. 

OracleUsr

Some moron pulled a tour bus into a roadside stand and almost backed into my car.  I'd barely had the car a year when it happened, and thankfully I got it out of the way.  Being stranded on US 221 in Wautauga County, NC, is no fun, especially on a date.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

Brandon

This being FIB-land, where do I begin?

I'll go with the instant car-ma first.  I was stopped for a four-way stop sign at Damen and 19th Street, waiting patiently for a timid driver to complete her turn.  Both I and and unmarked Chicago squad opposite me then started to go when she completed her turn.  The impatient fool behind her then decided that now was a good time to blow the stop sign on 19th.  I, being closer, blew the horn.  The cop let me go through and then went in pursuit of dipshit on 19th.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Brandon on April 09, 2019, 05:30:07 AM

I thought FIB was the affectionate term Wisconsinites used to describe people from Illinois. Is it being taken up by residents of Illinois to describe themselves?

Brandon

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 09, 2019, 06:23:23 AM
Quote from: Brandon on April 09, 2019, 05:30:07 AM

I thought FIB was the affectionate term Wisconsinites used to describe people from Illinois. Is it being taken up by residents of Illinois to describe themselves?

I'm not from Illinois originally, and didn't learn to drive that way.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

abefroman329

Quote from: SoCal Kid on April 08, 2019, 09:18:05 PM
Driving on the I-405 North (Los Angeles). A slow guy on the carpool lane with an Infiniti behind it. As my parents pass the Infiniti, the Infiniti suddenly cuts us off to pass the slow carpool lane guy. Barely missed us. The Infiniti then just dashes off like a maniac. Whats with luxury cars and people acting like dicks on the road? Smh
"Rich" and "entitled" are like peanut butter and jelly.

renegade

A good "Idiotic Driver Story" should begin with, "Today, an Amazon driver ..."

I'm convinced none of them know how to drive.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

abefroman329

Quote from: renegade on April 09, 2019, 02:33:49 PM
A good "Idiotic Driver Story" should begin with, "Today, an Amazon driver ..."

I'm convinced none of them know how to drive.
Further lessons in "you get what you pay for."

Stephane Dumas

The dashcam gives us lots of idiotic and crazy drivers stories like this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPVQf22Hf3U

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.