News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

DOT Employees

Started by Scott5114, May 23, 2009, 01:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

We are quite honored to have among us a few members of our forum who are employed with their state's department of transportation or turnpike authority (or equivalent agency overseas). So that others can recognize this, we will add them to a special "DOT Employee" usergroup.

The only difference this has is that the words "DOT Employee" will appear under their username along with a green star. They do not have any special moderation or access privileges. This label is merely added to recognize that such posters are more likely to know the details about the projects in their area and have some insight into how departments of transportation work. Otherwise the DOT Employees are regular members like everyone else. We remind our members that opinions expressed by DOT Employees do not necessarily reflect those of their employer.

If you wish to be added to or removed from this usergroup, please contact any admin.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hbelkins

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 23, 2009, 01:33:02 AM
We are quite honored to have among us a few members of our forum who are employed with their state's department of transportation or turnpike authority (or equivalent agency overseas). So that others can recognize this, we will add them to a special "DOT Employee" usergroup.

The only difference this has is that the words "DOT Employee" will appear under their username along with a green star. They do not have any special moderation or access privileges. This label is merely added to recognize that such posters are more likely to know the details about the projects in their area and have some insight into how departments of transportation work. Otherwise the DOT Employees are regular members like everyone else. We remind our members that opinions expressed by DOT Employees do not necessarily reflect those of their employer.

If you wish to be added to or removed from this usergroup, please contact any admin.

I noticed this designation. I'm cool with it. And my opinions definitely do not represent the policies or opinions of KYTC ... especially the current administration. ;-)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

tollboothrob

I sent the message for the designation, and wanted to post a message here to let people know. I'm a dispatcher (formerly toll collector) for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority, which is a great job for a roadgeek, IMHO. I get to be involved in the everyday operation of the roadways (Turnpike and Garden State Parkway) and believe me, you wouldn't believe some of the stories. ;)

Have a good day everyone, and look forward to chatting!
Longtime roadgeek, MTR and AARoads follower. Employee of NJ Turnpike Operations Department

DaBigE

Just throwing the idea out there...how about a designation for those of us who are highway engineers (private sector), and/or P.E.s?
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

vdeane

Sent a PM to an admit to get added to the DOT Employees group, got a response asking for verification (such as an email from my NYSDOT email address), responded asking what address to send the email to, no response back.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

hbelkins

Surely anyone who keeps up with the postings on this board knows you went to work for NYSDOT.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: vdeane on October 05, 2014, 02:23:03 PM
Sent a PM to an admit to get added to the DOT Employees group, got a response asking for verification (such as an email from my NYSDOT email address), responded asking what address to send the email to, no response back.

Who did you send the PM to?  If you want to send me a PM about this instead, go ahead and I'll help you get this done very quickly. ;)

Quote from: hbelkins on October 05, 2014, 05:40:55 PM
Surely anyone who keeps up with the postings on this board knows you went to work for NYSDOT.

I didn't.  But then again, I normally don't look at people's signatures.

Alps

vdeane

Turns out Scott was on mobile all weekend which was the reason for the delay.  Everything should be good now!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Beltway

What about for a recently retired DOT employee with 43 years service?
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Alps

Quote from: Beltway on September 28, 2017, 08:08:22 PM

Your opinions also don't reflect those of your former employer. But congratulations.

Beltway

Quote from: Alps on January 14, 2018, 04:27:41 PM
Quote from: Beltway on September 28, 2017, 08:08:22 PM
Your opinions also don't reflect those of your former employer. But congratulations.

Thanks ... and I always have had my own opinions about highway issues.  I have been speaking more openly and critically about some things here, but as in the case of Charlottesville, my criticism there is really with the current state politicos and not with VDOT.

Even after 43 years I most definitely am not a VDOT or even a state employee now, and I get my pay from my pensions.

So the "DOT Employee" appellation would not apply to me after May 2016.
Correction on 6-14-2018 -- May 2017

http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Guysdrive780

So I am a college student that is Interning with the Texas Department of Transportation. I like what I am a part of so I may stay with the Department. Still I have another 4 years of college in frount of me but I plan on coming back to the department to work during the summer. I am working toward my engineering degree so I can work with the people of Texas to develop projects. So I don't know if an Intern counts as a DOT Employee sticker on my name. But I have been out in the field and I am very into highways so I can answer many DOT questions you may have for me.
I run the DOT Youtube Channel, Part time Worker for TXDOT, College Student studying Civil Engineering (Traffic Engineering). Please Keep in mind, I do not represent TXDOT and all opinions I say are my own and not TXDOT's

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.