News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2016 Meets

Started by TheHighwayMan3561, January 29, 2015, 02:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

Sorry to make the problem worse, but since four of them have been announced in some form I think we should get them in some order and roll out the scroll for penning other 2016 meets whenever people feel like announcing them.  :sombrero:

I'll add to the master list as meets are announced.

-Albany/Capital District, NY (October 8-9)

-Birmingham, AL (fall)

-Central PA (April 9)

-NW Indiana (April 30-May 1)

-Cincinnati (spring)

-Corridor H/Western MD (Memorial Weekend)

-Duluth, MN/Minnesota Highway 61 (July 30-31)

-Louisiana (Labor Day Weekend, September 2-4) (cancelled)

-NE Wisconsin (mid spring/mid summer)

-St. Louis, MO (July 9-10)

-Tappan Zee

-Toronto, ON (June 11)

-Tuxedo, NY (April 2)

New tweak: When meet dates are concrete they will be bolded and put in blue.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

vdeane

I usually aim to do a meet every year.  Next year will likely be Albany, maybe a two day Capital District meet depending on how much meet-worthy stuff in the area I can find.  It would likely be a spring/summer meet.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jpi

I am still aiming for a time frame from April to June for a 2016 Central PA road meet, spotlight on the Mt Rose AVE interchange in my home town of York, PA  (also where we would meet for lunch) also check out construction in Harrisburg and maybe the "goat path" in Lancaster County. Also this could even extend north toward State Collage to check out US 22/322 in the Lewistown Narrows and possible construction of extending the 4-lane 322 in the Potters Mills area. Below is a link to the I-83 improvement project, construction should be starting this spring and by next spring should be ramped up to where it will be well worth checking out-

http://www.i-83exit18.com/documents/I-83Exit18PublicMeetingHandout.pdf
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

cjk374

I might actually try to plan a north Louisiana/south Arkansas/eastern MS/whatever may end up being interesting meet Labor Day weekend.  Details coming throughout  2015.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

jpi

Here is another link for the latest news, looks like construction will start by the begining of may on the I-83 Mt Rose AVE interchange re-vamp.
http://www.ydr.com/local/ci_27429625/penndot-mount-rose-makeover-bid-comes-at-58
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Takumi

I've thought about doing a Hampton Roads follow-up mini-meet in the next few years. 2016 would be the earliest.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

getemngo

Much like the U.P. meet, I've been talking about this for what feels like years - but I'm considering a 2-day Indianapolis meet in fall 2016, similar to the one we had in summer 2009.

One day would focus on the city itself and I-69 to the south, while the other day would be a triangular route out to Lafayette, Logansport, and back, featuring the newish US 231 Lafayette bypass, the newish SR 25, and a bunch of stuff on US 31.

However, depending on what's happening with I-69 at the time, I might delay it another year, at which point somebody else might remember this post and decide to host it themselves instead.  :pan:
~ Sam from Michigan

cjk374

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on January 29, 2015, 02:53:46 PM
Sorry to make the problem worse, but since four of them have been announced in some form I think we should get them in some order and roll out the scroll for penning other 2016 meets whenever people feel like announcing them.  :sombrero:

I'll add to the master list as meets are announced.

-Birmingham, AL (spring)

-Central PA (spring)

-Duluth, MN (late summer)

-St. Louis, MO (?)

-Toronto, ON (late spring or summer)

Quote from: cjk374 on January 29, 2015, 09:33:10 PM
I might actually try to plan a north Louisiana/south Arkansas/eastern MS/whatever may end up being interesting meet Labor Day weekend.  Details coming throughout  2015.

Go ahead and add this to your master list for 2016.  I'm gonna do it for sure.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Alps

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Alps on February 21, 2015, 10:19:18 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/macdonald-bridge-s-big-lift-project-in-halifax-explained-1.2965688

I don't think we've ever had a Nova Scotia road meet. This is about to change.

I would love to go to Nova Scotia. Somebody please plan this. :)
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

codyg1985

I am really happy someone is doing a Louisiana meet next year. I was about to post on here about the lack of meets south of I-20, and I am hoping that in addition to the Louisiana meet, more of those will come.

BTW, thanks TheHighwayMan394 for keeping a master list at the top!
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

kharvey10

St. Louis is likely a spring 2016, maybe early summer 2016 event.

vdeane

My Capital District meet (likely two days) is aimed for spring/summer.  Maybe fall depending on how the year shakes out (which would work out better with scheduling it looks like, but I'll have to see how union politics shake out first).  You can add that one.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Dougtone

I am thinking of having a road meet in Tuxedo, NY in 2016. This will be a different type of road meet as formal wear will be required (a tux for men and ballgowns for the ladies). This is close enough to the bow tie NY 210 shield, so we'll see that.

SSOWorld

Do we need to wear tuxedos? :P
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

dave1013

Quote from: jpi on January 29, 2015, 07:03:11 PM
I am still aiming for a time frame from April to June for a 2016 Central PA road meet, spotlight on the Mt Rose AVE interchange in my home town of York, PA  (also where we would meet for lunch) also check out construction in Harrisburg and maybe the "goat path" in Lancaster County. Also this could even extend north toward State Collage to check out US 22/322 in the Lewistown Narrows and possible construction of extending the 4-lane 322 in the Potters Mills area. Below is a link to the I-83 improvement project, construction should be starting this spring and by next spring should be ramped up to where it will be well worth checking out-

I would love to attend this as I am also originally from York (and my family owned the business that built Haines Acres, which Mt. Rose Ave. borders on the south).  Have been following the I-83 interchange progress, saw the updated article linked to above in yesterday's York Daily Record.  Let the games begin!

Jason, didn't you post on the state-ends.com web page?  I really enjoyed that site as it pertains to PA.
Traffic and Safety Engineer - Alaska DOT&PF - Southcoast Region - Juneau, Alaska

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of Alaska DOT&PF or the State of Alaska

Dougtone

Quote from: SSOWorld on April 01, 2015, 11:01:26 AM
Do we need to wear tuxedos?
Indubitably. Bonus points for a top hat and a suit jacket with tails.

Takumi

Don't forget the monocle!
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

empirestate

jpi

Quote from: dave1013 on April 01, 2015, 11:42:48 AM
Quote from: jpi on January 29, 2015, 07:03:11 PM

I would love to attend this as I am also originally from York (and my family owned the business that built Haines Acres, which Mt. Rose Ave. borders on the south).  Have been following the I-83 interchange progress, saw the updated article linked to above in yesterday's York Daily Record.  Let the games begin!

Jason, didn't you post on the state-ends.com web page?  I really enjoyed that site as it pertains to PA.
Yes, I was a contirbuter to Adam Prince's PA highway ends site 15 years ago, my pics are also on other sites and my personal facebook page. Small world, that is cool that your family owned the business that spawned on of Yorks biggest suburbs :-) I get up to York a few times year, will be going up there in 2 weeks. I am planning for around this time next year for my meet.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

kkt

Cape with a red silk lining.

SSOWorld

Quote from: Dougtone on April 01, 2015, 12:38:52 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on April 01, 2015, 11:01:26 AM
Do we need to wear tuxedos?
Indubitably. Bonus points for a top hat and a suit jacket with tails.
I prefer a Zoot suit and a fedora to be honest :D
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Alps

Quote from: Dougtone on April 01, 2015, 09:06:32 AM
I am thinking of having a road meet in Tuxedo, NY in 2016. This will be a different type of road meet as formal wear will be required (a tux for men and ballgowns for the ladies). This is close enough to the bow tie NY 210 shield, so we'll see that.
I would think corco is not only invited, but required.
Quote from: Takumi on April 01, 2015, 12:59:21 PM
Need one? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/weiner/the-gentlemans-single-use-monocle

corco

Quote from: Alps on April 01, 2015, 07:25:43 PM
Quote from: Dougtone on April 01, 2015, 09:06:32 AM
I would think corco is not only invited, but required.
Quote from: Takumi on April 01, 2015, 12:59:21 PM
Need one? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/weiner/the-gentlemans-single-use-monocle

I already bought my plane tickets.

Alps

I'm really liking this idea.
* old NY 210 (CR 106) - scenery, traffic circle in the middle
* bowtie 210 shield
* NY 59 truss and nearby abandoned bridge (Bridge St. off 17)
* NY 17 old Hillburn Bypass and stubs
* throw in a couple of Bergen County shields
* drive CR 511 and Skyline Drive - old signs and scenery

Seriously. Let's do this.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.