News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Greetings from Southeastern CT!

Started by zzyzx, October 12, 2016, 02:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzyzx

Hello from the Southeastern CT shore!

Long time roadgeek and visitor to the site here; I finally made an account to join in and share my personal road observations from my frequent road trips. I grew up in CT, but all of my relatives are in central and western PA, so I travel between the 2 states a lot.

You can probably guess what my favorite exit sign is, based on my username.  :D

Fun Fact: One of my great-grandfathers was a sign painter in Carlisle, PA and worked on the original PA Turnpike, hence my profile picture.

TR69

Welcome from the Bluegrass State.

Funny, I was looking at Zzyzx, CA in GSV just yesterday! There's a BGS near me that happens to have three "z"'s on it, which made me think of Zzyzx (the sign near me is much more mundane -- it directs traffic to a Fuzzy Zoeller golf course).

hotdogPi

Welcome from northeastern Massachusetts!
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

7/8

noelbotevera

Welcome from the state that seems to prefer 8 tracks over compact discs, or even cassette tapes!

jp the roadgeek

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

SignGeek101

jbnati27

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

froggie

Are you the same zzyzk that MTR oldtimers may be familiar with?

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

zzyzx

Thanks everyone!  Nope, I have never posted on MTR before.

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Alex

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.