News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Interstate 10 (LA to FL)

Started by Alex, March 29, 2009, 11:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamsalfl

Thank you.  Back to I-10 talk please.

Alex

All of that and unfortunately the Interstate 10 Pearl River Bridge is still woefully substandard...

bugo

Quote from: lamsalfl on June 12, 2009, 09:25:21 PM
Quote from: agentsteel53 on June 12, 2009, 09:18:08 PM
I note that the French Quarter managed to dust itself off and get back into business within a few months of Hurricane Katrina.  The parts of town that are, as far as I know, still underwater to this day are ... not precisely historical landmarks.

The French Quarter and downtown area is well above sea level.  Pumps weren't invented until about 1900 and the city was founded in 1718.  You do the math.  Take a look at aerial maps of LA south of New Orleans. Thousands of miles of canals dug by oil companies.  Where's the accountability there?  Where is the fed not caring about LA losing a football field of land every 45 minutes?  I guess they don't care if those precious wetlands vanishes.  Just let the storm surge in why don't you.  Rebuilt the Everglades but...

Are you kidding me? Still underwater to this day?  New Orleans was 100% dry 6 weeks after Katrina, fucktard.  You don't even know what you're talking about, so I won't continue on to list why some of those neighborhoods are historic.

I like this guy.  He has spunk.  (But less so when edited - AlpsROADS)

agentsteel53

and I've got pictures  :sombrero:
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: froggie on June 13, 2009, 01:36:56 PM
Quoteendless ubiquitous suburbia.

One could argue that NOLA has this anyway...at least in the form of Jefferson Parish and half of St. Tammany...

QuoteNew Orleans was 100% dry 6 weeks after Katrina.

I'll concur with this one.  So dry, in fact, our first rain after Katrina wasn't until Rita passed by...

Being as you're a meterologist Froggie, you know as well as I do that Louisiana has been pretty dry the last 5 years or so (sans Katrina, Rita, and Gustov).
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Anthony_JK

And it should be reminded to all that it wasn't the rain and the wind that caused the damage in NOLA; it was the levee busting open.

And...I will concur with Froggie about how dry it has been....although we have had a decently wet winter and early spring, due to all that snow melt from last December.... :pan: :pan: :pan:  But it's gotten quite dry of late...almost makes me wish for a tropical storm to come through.  Almost, that is.

Anthony

Anthony_JK

Well....they were able to replace the I-10 Sabine River bridge between LA and TX, so there is a small sliver of hope.

It will probably be until the Atchafalaya Swamp Expressway elevated sections start winding down in age before they even consider rebuilding that particular section of I-10....which probably means, sometime in the 21st century with this state's fiscal woes.   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Anthony

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: Anthony_JK on June 13, 2009, 11:37:19 PM
But it's gotten quite dry of late...almost makes me wish for a tropical storm to come through.  Almost, that is.

Yea, just as long as it comes ashore west of Terrebonne.  :ded:

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: Anthony_JK on June 13, 2009, 11:41:41 PM
Well....they were able to replace the I-10 Sabine River bridge between LA and TX, so there is a small sliver of hope.

It will probably be until the Atchafalaya Swamp Expressway elevated sections start winding down in age before they even consider rebuilding that particular section of I-10....which probably means, sometime in the 21st century with this state's fiscal woes.   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Anthony

I doubt I'll live to see the day when I-10 is rebuilt over Atchafalaya and Bonne Carre.  It would be nice if all of I-10 and I-12 could be 6-laned.  The new 6-lane section in Calcasieu Parish between Toomey-Starks? and Lake Charles is nice.

Darkchylde

Quote from: froggie on June 13, 2009, 01:36:56 PM
Quoteendless ubiquitous suburbia.

One could argue that NOLA has this anyway...at least in the form of Jefferson Parish and half of St. Tammany...
The latter alone is needed to qualify. Jefferson's just icing on the sprawl cake.

lamsalfl

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.