News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Cross Island Parkway

Started by Alex, November 14, 2009, 11:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Eliminating tolls must be weighed against options

QuoteWe'll need to compare specific alternatives for paying for the road before we know whether removing the tolls is a good idea.

The $39 million still owed on the $81 million project won't go away if the tolls are eliminated. The debt is now scheduled to be paid off in 2022.

QuoteSure, no one likes to pay a toll, and few welcomed last year's increase from 50 cents to 75 cents for Palmetto Pass holders and from $1 to $1.25 for others. The state also tacked on a $1 monthly administrative fee. But is the cost too onerous for most users?

The toll road had been operating at a loss for all but one year -- after the debt was refinanced -- when the tolls were increased in 2008. Totals for revenue and expenses since the toll increases weren't immediately available.

Chris

I was like "wtf, tolls on the Cross Island Parkway?", but then I realized it wasn't the New York parkway, but the one in South Carolina   :colorful:

Won't people just go around the other side of the island?

Alps

Quote from: Chris on November 14, 2009, 05:50:51 PM
I was like "wtf, tolls on the Cross Island Parkway?", but then I realized it wasn't the New York parkway, but the one in South Carolina   :colorful:

I was like "wtf, Cross Island Parkway in the Southeast thread?"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.