News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Well, this ought to make rush hour in L.A. fun!

Started by hm insulators, February 18, 2010, 10:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hm insulators

I was watching the Weather Channel during dinner and they were talking about a major landslide closing off part of the Kellogg Interchange where I-10, California 57 and California 71 all tie into each other. Thank goodness for being able to listen to KNX-1070 on the computer without having to rely on "skip"; they were saying that the affected transitions could be closed for more than a week. To add to the fun, they're expecting rain tomorrow! :ded:

Glad I don't live in the Pomona/San Dimas/Diamond Bar area! :banghead:
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Chris

Bickendan

Moral of the story: Don't rip out those orange groves... (ok, so that hill probably never had orange trees on it to begin with).

Sheesh, I've been on that ramp many times. Seeing it empty here... wow.

roadfro

Wow...that pretty much sucks.

Although it would seem from the picture that they could narrow the ramp for cleanup. However, full closure would probably result in quicker cleanup activities.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Bickendan

I think the slide covers up the gore point for the west I-10/north CA 71 (to north CA 57) ramp, so there's no access from westbound I-10.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.