News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

157 / 95 interchange signage: The good, the bad, and the ugly (and I-11)

Started by Sub-Urbanite, August 06, 2022, 07:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sub-Urbanite

I was down in Vegas last week and saw the new Kyle Canyon Road interchange, and, well, I didn't get photos but Google can do the work for me.

Let's start with... The Good

NDOT did a good job signing things southbound, particularly the recreation signs for Spring Mountains NRA and Mount Charleston. And the DDI itself is fairly well signed.

But that feeds into...

The Bad

For some reason, NDOT didn't put any of the recreation signs on northbound US 95, where the bulk of the recreation users are going to be coming from.

It's not like there's a shortage of real estate to put the brown recreation signs on northbound:

In fact, there's generally a weird amount of omission on the BGSes on this interchange.

Why leave off the NV 157 shields? This is particularly evident at the DDI itself.

Still, this isn't even the most egregious sign sin at this interchange.

The Ugly

Some developer built "Sunstone Parkway" east of US 95 here.

Or is it "Sun Village Park Drive"?

Wait, I'm confused, I think they meant "Sun Valley Park Drive"?

How?

How does that happen?

Bonus I-11 content

One can only surmise what's hiding behind those green plates...

Scott5114

Apparently, I just have to think about moving to a city, and it's enough to get the Universe to start putting up ugly signs in preparation.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

pderocco

Quote from: Sub-Urbanite on August 06, 2022, 07:51:56 PM

Some developer built "Sunstone Parkway" east of US 95 here.

Or is it "Sun Village Park Drive"?

Wait, I'm confused, I think they meant "Sun Valley Park Drive"?

In GSV (at least in Google Earth), some of the imagery from May 2022 at the intersection of W Frontage Rd says "Sun Village Park Drive" as you showed. Other imagery from April 2022 says "Sky Pointe Drive". Those two names apply to the frontage road east of the freeway, one in each direction. Meanwhile, the road that goes straight across is called "Sunstone Pkwy", which isn't mentioned on a sign. That seems odd given that Sunstone leads into a major development, while the frontage roads have exactly 0 businesses or residences on them.

I don't see anyplace called "Sun Valley Park Drive" anywhere in Google Maps.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.