News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Counties in your State without a State Route

Started by Hunty2022, November 10, 2022, 07:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

This question obviously does not apply in Kentucky, where we have thousands of state numbered highways.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

webny99

Quote from: Otto Yamamoto on November 11, 2022, 08:08:34 AM
Since all highways are actually state highways, including Interstate and US highways, no county in America, short of Alaska and Hawaii would have 'no state "routes', with the exception of of some urban areas, where surface roads might be posted for continuity, like NYC, and even then there are two exceptions: NY 9A(in reality a 9xx route) and NY 440 which is a freeway, but not an Interstate.

And NY 440 is actually the only state route in Richmond County (Staten Island). Kings County (Brooklyn) also has just one, NY 27. I believe those are the only two counties with only one state route.

dvferyance

Quote from: mgk920 on November 11, 2022, 02:06:36 AM
None here in Wisconsin, either.

Mike
I beleive Door has the fewest with just 2.

gonealookin

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 10, 2022, 07:55:21 PM
None in California, Arizona and Nevada.

In Nevada:

Carson City, which is an independent city rather than a county, has only one:  about 4 miles of NV 28 at Lake Tahoe.

Eureka and Storey Counties have four each.  Storey County is very small, a relic of the mining era.  I'd probably give the award to Eureka County because one of their four is NV 781 which is 0.039 mile of bridge out in the middle of nowhere.

Dirt Roads

North Carolina

Counties with only one (1) state highway:
  • Pasquotank (plus two US Routes, not including Bus US-17, By-Pass US-17, and double-bannered Truck Bus US-17)
  • Perquimans (plus one US Route)
  • Swain (plus three US Routes, not including Connector US-19, Truck US-19 and Bus US-441)
  • Tyrell (plus one US Route, not including Bus US-64)
  • Vance (plus one Interstate route and two US Routes, not including Bus US-1 and Bus US-158)
  • Yadkin (plus one Interstate route and three US Routes, not including Bus US-21)
Counties with two (2) state highways:
  • Camden
  • Clay
  • Davie
  • Graham (if you don't count Bus NC-143)
  • Hoke
  • Jones
  • Macon
  • Polk
Counties with three (3) state highways:
  • Caldwell
  • Cherokee
  • Chowan
  • Dare
  • Gates
  • Haywood
  • New Hanover*
  • Person
  • Transylvania
  • Yancey
*which includes Wilmington, the eighth largest city in North Carolina.

All of the above counties also have US Routes, many of which have more US Routes than state highways.  Out of the 100 counties, I only found one without a US Route:
  • Pamlico (5 state highways)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.