Regional Boards > Mountain West

Colorado

<< < (64/64)

SD Mapman:

--- Quote from: Elm on November 16, 2022, 11:18:08 PM ---They rejected it in an executive session, so there's not much insight into the rationale.

--- End quote ---
Probably wanted to keep the money, if I had to guess.

zzcarp:

--- Quote from: SD Mapman on November 25, 2022, 08:57:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Elm on November 16, 2022, 11:18:08 PM ---They rejected it in an executive session, so there's not much insight into the rationale.

--- End quote ---
Probably wanted to keep the money, if I had to guess.

--- End quote ---

Most likely to spend on non-highway improvements instead.

Elm:
CDOT uploaded a draft of the I-270 EA to their website, here; the proposed action is on page 23. I was just skimming, but there don't appear to be any surprises: mainly, they propose adding one express lane in each direction plus some auxiliary lanes. Also some more bridge replacements in addition to the already-developing I-270 Critical Bridge Replacements Project.

They don't seem to have all the EA pdfs organized on one webpage yet, but you can see them all under the Assets page.

Regarding not recommending four lanes in each direction, the EA says (page 20):

--- Quote ---Compared with the three-lane alternatives, the four-lane alternatives would accommodate slightly higher volumes of traffic on I-270 at slightly increased vehicle speeds. However, it was noted the four-lane alternatives would create traffic bottlenecks at the western and eastern termini of I-270 because they would exceed the capacity of the connecting systems at US 36 and the I-70 eastbound ramps. Considering the negative impact on travel times and safety these bottlenecks would have for the four-lane alternatives, the benefits for the other [measures of effectiveness] were deemed modest.
--- End quote ---

mrose:
Oh express lanes. Didn't see that coming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version