Regional Boards > Mid-South

6 Laning I-40

(1/22) > >>

US71:
It was announced yesterday that AHTD is widening I-40 to 6 lanes along an 23 mile stretch beginning at US 65 Conway and proceeding east.  This project has been on-going since at least early March, so I don't know why it took the media so long to report this Or, more precisely: why AHTD waited so long to say something.

Up to now, it has mostly been median work, but I noticed this past weekend that construction has begun on a new bridge over US 64.

okroads:

--- Quote from: US71 on April 25, 2012, 12:21:14 PM ---It was announced yesterday that AHTD is widening I-40 to 6 lanes along an 23 mile stretch beginning at US 65 Conway and proceeding east.  This project has been on-going since at least early March, so I don't know why it took the media so long to report this Or, more precisely: why AHTD waited so long to say something.

Up to now, it has mostly been median work, but I noticed this past weekend that construction has begun on a new bridge over US 64.

--- End quote ---

I noticed this construction when I was traveling through this part of Arkansas last Thursday. Now if AHTD can only widen I-40 between Little Rock & Memphis...

US71:

--- Quote from: okroads on April 25, 2012, 03:41:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: US71 on April 25, 2012, 12:21:14 PM ---It was announced yesterday that AHTD is widening I-40 to 6 lanes along an 23 mile stretch beginning at US 65 Conway and proceeding east.  This project has been on-going since at least early March, so I don't know why it took the media so long to report this Or, more precisely: why AHTD waited so long to say something.

--- End quote ---

I noticed this construction when I was traveling through this part of Arkansas last Thursday. Now if AHTD can only widen I-40 between Little Rock & Memphis...

--- End quote ---

Well, they're currently replacing the White River bridges, so maybe that's the beginning of widening that part of I-40 ? :rofl:

Brian556:

--- Quote ---Well, they're currently replacing the White River bridges, so maybe that's the beginning of widening that part of I-40 ?
--- End quote ---

Damn, I psychic. I just knew that would happen. After the flooding of this stretch of highway about a year ago, that combined with it's outdated design, I just knew that they would redo it. Having such an important interstate flood, with the only detour routes availible halfway across the state really made AHTD look bad. This is pretty dang fast respose. Wish TxDot operated like this!

Was this already in the plans? Was this project fast tracked after the flooding last year?

US71:

--- Quote from: Brian556 on April 25, 2012, 11:00:09 PM ---
--- Quote ---Well, they're currently replacing the White River bridges, so maybe that's the beginning of widening that part of I-40 ?
--- End quote ---

Damn, I psychic. I just knew that would happen. After the flooding of this stretch of highway about a year ago, that combined with it's outdated design, I just knew that they would redo it. Having such an important interstate flood, with the only detour routes availible halfway across the state really made AHTD look bad. This is pretty dang fast respose. Wish TxDot operated like this!

Was this already in the plans? Was this project fast tracked after the flooding last year?

--- End quote ---

The plans were already in place, but there was no money until the bond issue was renewed a few months ago. It wouldn't surprise me if it was fast-tracked after money became available. Right now, the WB bridge is being replaced so you basically have 2 Way traffic in the EB lanes. Anyone who is traveling in that vicinity, I'd strongly recommend detouring to US 70 between Hazen and Brinkley

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version