News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Reinstatement of the toll on the San Diego-Coronado Bridge

Started by mrivera1, April 23, 2009, 01:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrivera1

Down here in San Diego, the latest roads buzz that is all over the news has been the proposal to reinstate the toll on the Coronado Bridge.  The Coronado City Council has proposed building a 1 mile long tunnel underneath the city of Coronado for traffic destined for NAS North Island, which currently takes CA-75 and CA-282 to get to the base.  CA-282 would probably be the route number for the tunnel, if CalTrans decides to maintain a tunnel should it be built.  The uproar has been over Coronado's plan to pay for the tunnel by reinstating a toll on the bridge.  The toll has been gone for 7 years, and if the toll is reinstated, it isn't going to be a $1.50.  The new toll would be $10 for a round trip...that means that they would toll you going in and going out.  The toll from 1969-2002 was only there to help pay for and maintain the bridge, the proposed one is for a tunnel that most people will not use, says local news and Coronado shopkeepers.  I'm interested on what you all think about this proposal. 
Why did Caltrans kill the US highways?  If you're smart, you'll know where you're going.  Too bad we have too many stupid people, and yes, Miss Talking on Cell Phone While Cutting Across the Freeway to Make Her Exit at 85mph, I'm talking about you.

Voyager

It's not like the bridge is the only way there. You can always take Silver Strand BLVD although it takes longer to go around. That toll is incredibly high though, and I don't see it giving enough revenue to them.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

yanksfan6129

Well, in New York, a few of our bridges cost $10 bucks round trip.

The Verazzano Narrows bridge (Staten Island to Brooklyn) costs $10 . . .and you pay it in one direction only, so you take the entire $10 hit all at one time!

The bridges managed by the Triboro Bridge and Tunnel Authority cost $5, but you pay going in both directions, so its really $10 for the round trip.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.