News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Southern NH/Northern MA road meet ideas?

Started by Janko Dialnice, July 09, 2011, 09:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janko Dialnice

Hello, folks.

In the recent past, Doug and I both have considered hosting a road meet in the Manchester/Nashua area of New Hampshire. I am wondering about the feasibility of such a meet. Is there enough road-related material to cover during such a meet?

This is what I have come up with so-far:

• The Manchester (MHT) airport connector with the Everett Turnpike.
  • The Mauraders' bridge on the Everett Turnpike in Merrimack (between Exits 11 and 12), which was just reconstructed and widened.
  • The overpowered directional-T interchange at Exit 2 of the Everett Turnpike with the Circumferential Highway stub ... which comes to an abrupt end in a T intersection with NH 3-A.
  • The blue "Everett Turnpike" signage error at milepost 0 of the same stub, while going the other direction.
  • Easy access to two of the three extant SPUIs in the Granite State.
  • The ghost ramps and converted cloverleaf-to-trumpet interchange where the US 3 freeway ends at I-95/MA 128.

Anyone else have any other suggestions? Is the idea of a local (to me) road meet a no-go? Should it perhaps wait a bit longer?

SSOWorld

I remember I-93 getting a full rebuild of its Northbound lanes - and wondered where the rerouted the traffic - when I drove from Manchester to Boston in 2010.

I like the yellow "A Toll Road" signs on the Everett Tnpk Gores from I-293.  gave me the case of the "O RLY"s.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Dougtone

There's certainly enough to see in Manchester, Nashua and even Concord to have a meet.

Ian

If you make that meet toward the end of August, I can most likely attend!
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

froggie

The only way I could time it is if it coincides with a weekend I'm heading up to Vermont.  Given the current schedule, that means either the weekend after Labor Day, or Columbus Day weekend.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.